Menu
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you give me the actual code for my Samsung TV?

Can you give me the actual TIVO remote control's code for my Samsung TV?

It has the model code of UE32C6000

Software version T-VAL6DEUC-1016.0

I have tried all the Samsung codes on the list and nothing has worked. I have also tried the other way of going through all the codes - still no luck.

Hopefully someone can help me on the first Virgin day!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can you give me the actual code for my Samsung TV?

I found the problem! In the Programming Your Remote Using a Device Code it says:

Step 4 Enter the four digit code for your TV's make from the list. The LED should then FLASH GREEN TWICE. This shows you have entered a valid code.....

>>>>>

Logically you would think if this code does not successfully adjust the volume you just type in the next code in the long list - THIS DOES NOT WORK 1!

I have found that EACH TIME you want to try the next code you have to go back to step 3 and press Clear and TV buttons until the green light flashes again. Then key in the next four digit code and see if that works. THEN REPEAT FOR EACH CODE.

It's a ludicrously long process, but after another hour and doing this I found the correct code for my TV volume is 0365 ! 

Now the only disappointing thing is that there appears to be no way to turn OFF the TV using the Virgin remote. It is only useful for changing the volume.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BUTTON THAT YOU CAN USE TO TURN OFF THE TV?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm, a TV that old I'd have expected to work!

Nothing from the full blown Ch+ search?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wasn't sure how many numbers I was meant to be clicking for! as there were four digit numbers I was thinking that might mean up to 1000 presses of the button, so after about a hundred I rather gave up!

Do you know how many codes are listed so I could at least count the number of times I press the button or I could be pressing it for a week!

When I have bought universal remote controls in the past it just had one or two alternatives per manufacturer to try and it was always done in 20 seconds. I spent two hours going through the combinations before putting the post on here!

In the mean time I will just have to use two remotes - plus the other three!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You shouldn't have to press it individually, just hold it down! Smiley Wink

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I found the problem! In the Programming Your Remote Using a Device Code it says:

Step 4 Enter the four digit code for your TV's make from the list. The LED should then FLASH GREEN TWICE. This shows you have entered a valid code.....

>>>>>

Logically you would think if this code does not successfully adjust the volume you just type in the next code in the long list - THIS DOES NOT WORK 1!

I have found that EACH TIME you want to try the next code you have to go back to step 3 and press Clear and TV buttons until the green light flashes again. Then key in the next four digit code and see if that works. THEN REPEAT FOR EACH CODE.

It's a ludicrously long process, but after another hour and doing this I found the correct code for my TV volume is 0365 ! 

Now the only disappointing thing is that there appears to be no way to turn OFF the TV using the Virgin remote. It is only useful for changing the volume.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A BUTTON THAT YOU CAN USE TO TURN OFF THE TV?

0 Kudos
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This SOUNDS to be easy, but when it turns off your TV then what? There seems to be no way to tell the remote this is the right one, or as it says in the instructions - "continue using the Channel Up until the code turns off the TV". The light then flashes red indicating something is wrong again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

You've been following this, right?

Repeatedly press CH+ until the TV turns off, hold down the Power button to turn the TV back on again, check it controls volume/mute, and that should be it.

0 Kudos
ColinWalton
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds perfect - but what happens if it does NOT then control the volume, so not the right code?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then turn the TV back on with the TV remote, and continue pressing CH+ to iterate through the codes.

0 Kudos