Menu
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can't get rid of tv

Because of the £4.49 price rise I've decided to just have phone and broadband  on trying to downgrade my package I was told I had to have at least the lowest tv package . I've looked on line and find that they do a just phone and broadband package I'm also being quoted £1 more than the current price and I haven't even go a TiVo box   I think the customer service need to do a proper job as I will be going elsewhere with my buisness

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't get rid of tv

If you are downgrading then speak to retentions (150 option 4 then 5 in normal office hours). Speaking to sales or offshore agents will never get a good result. As far as savings go, having all three services gets the maximum discount, so you have to balance the reduction from losing TV against the price increase for the other services.. The lowest TV pack is free when taken with a landline & is a freeview equivalent, but as all VM equipment is rented, you would still be paying the TiVO charge every month.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I downgraded to just broadband and phone from broadband, phone, TV and Tivo as I now have Freeview PVR's and also have a smart Blu-ray player

from which I can access Demand5, BBC Iplayer, Amazon, Netflix, Playstation and a few more sites via Ethernet.

So can't see how you can't get just a broadband and phone package.

0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The person in the call centre just kept telling me I had to have tv and said he'd downgrade me to the smallest bundle I did say I dont want to pay for tv channels I can get from freeview .I think the problem was he'd no idea what I meant . I'm going to phone again as I am not a quitter after checking through the VM packages I see I can get just tv and broad band. Thanks for your reply it's boosted my determination to see it through .

0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just been back to VM and I can cancel the tv but just waiting to be connected to customer service
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are downgrading then speak to retentions (150 option 4 then 5 in normal office hours). Speaking to sales or offshore agents will never get a good result. As far as savings go, having all three services gets the maximum discount, so you have to balance the reduction from losing TV against the price increase for the other services.. The lowest TV pack is free when taken with a landline & is a freeview equivalent, but as all VM equipment is rented, you would still be paying the TiVO charge every month.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply I don't have a TiVo box I've still got the old not box by getting rid of the tv channels make a saving of £15 per month so I feel they are not giving me a go o d deal thanks once again
0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is a sky bundle with internet and free phoneline with carphone wharehouse, (this is instore only) for £16

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-calls-broadband-family-tv-package-from-16-40-pm-inc-line-rental-...

Just an option

0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information I will look into it 

0 Kudos
Sylviann60
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've now negotiated a new deal's I will be paying £15 less month and they are sending me a TiVo box the new price includes the price rise thank you for pointing me in the right direction
0 Kudos