Menu
andystar351
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Call centre wanted to charge to restore my services

Speaking on behalf of brother in law as he is not tech minded, can anyone shed light on the below for me please?

he returned from work this evening to find some chanels dropped from his services, but not all, his broadband was also flashing and he couldnt get on line, he also tried to phone me using landline but couldnt connect, so obviously a problem service wide. He phoned the virgin helpline and after going through the basics was put through to the department dealing with faults. Cutting a long story short he was told he had gone over on his credit limit ( he doesnt have one) and that his payment was pending so his services were on hold ( his last 3 payments have all completed and there is more than enough money to cover at least the next 6). He was tgen passed to the accounts department who said they coukd restore his services if he paid a £25 fee over the phone there and then. 

Has anyone heard of this before? He needs his services restored but wants to be absolutely sure he is not being scammed. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Call centre wanted to charge to restore my services

plenty of people are given a credit limit when they sign up to either virgin or sky. has your brother been ordering a few on demand films? see below.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4097&CURRENT_C...
0 Kudos
andystar351
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

jamesofmerton wrote:
plenty of people are given a credit limit when they sign up to either virgin or sky. has your brother been ordering a few on demand films? see below.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=4097&CURRENT_C...
 He would never order an on demand film, to be honest I dont think he would know how, he has only just got to grips with a mobile phone. He pays a set amount by dorect debit every month and has done so fr more than 10 years withot a problem
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would be inclined to ring them back and see if you get a different opinion.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If he using direct debit then any extra charges or price increases should be taken care of, unless a mistake has been made by his bank, if they are asking for a percific sum it might be what he owes. As for scamming worries you could check the debit is set correctly via the bank.
0 Kudos