Menu
andrewdurant302
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street on new estate

I've just moved into a new estate, they're still building the remainder of the estate and will be doing for around the next 18 months.

The main road the estate leads off is already cabled. Is there any way of telling whether we're being considered or not for cabling us up for all services?

I've already submitted my info to cable my street but was just wondering if it's in the pipeline or not/ timescales etc for how long it usually takes to complete?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street on new estate

If the developer has gone into a contract with Virgin Media they will normally advertise it. However, many developers will not contribute to the costs of installing VM. BT Openreach has a universal service obligation to serve all properties, but this does not extend beyond BT owned infrastructure.

In the case of the developer not contracting with VM, you will not get services for the foreseeable future. Most newly built estates are retained by the builder for a set period (usually 5 years), during this period only emergency roadworks are allowed to take place. After the set period has expired, the road is then adopted by the local authority, who will then likely give permission for VM to be installed.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cable my street on new estate

If the developer has gone into a contract with Virgin Media they will normally advertise it. However, many developers will not contribute to the costs of installing VM. BT Openreach has a universal service obligation to serve all properties, but this does not extend beyond BT owned infrastructure.

In the case of the developer not contracting with VM, you will not get services for the foreseeable future. Most newly built estates are retained by the builder for a set period (usually 5 years), during this period only emergency roadworks are allowed to take place. After the set period has expired, the road is then adopted by the local authority, who will then likely give permission for VM to be installed.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile