Menu
guesty7
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cable Wivenhoe

Please cable Wivenhoe, we are so fed up of Sky, why oh why, do we have to have Sky !

The people deserve better, a service of quality, for less of a price that is literally sky high.

Please make it happen, make us happy, give us the chance to say bye bye to the Sky.

If you do it for us, I'll bake you a pie, a nice pie; a mix of mushroom and chicken thigh,

So please be kind Virgin, remember us and propel us into the jet age; don't be shy, give us a try.

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable Wivenhoe

That is an awesome little poem you have there!

Have you been HERE to register interest in having your street cabled? Smiley Happy

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This would certainly be in network plannings' court. Expansion to Wivenhoe would have to be RFoG rather than HFC (as in Colchester next door), so would be a major capital project. Some projects like this are already in progress (like the Leicestershire Villages (link)), but usually come with assistance from external sources.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
guesty7
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hello mate cheers, tried that and passed on the word for about a year now still nothing !! Grrrr 

0 Kudos
guesty7
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning, with apologies what does RFoG  and   HFC mean please ?

So can you say it is in the near term ?

I ask because I will need to take up a contract with another TV company elsewhere if I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for your help

Peter

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Radio Frequency over Glass rather than Hybrid Fibre-coaxial.

It's just the type of cabling used outside.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

JakePasquill wrote:
Radio Frequency over Glass rather than Hybrid Fibre-coaxial.

It's just the type of cabling used outside.

Important thing is RFoG requires far less digging than old fashioned HFC, so is far less expensive to install in streets.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information, I wasn't fully aware of the differences Smiley Happy

Good to know!

---------

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

guesty7 wrote:

Morning, with apologies what does RFoG  and   HFC mean please ?

So can you say it is in the near term ?

I ask because I will need to take up a contract with another TV company elsewhere if I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for your help

Peter

There is major expansion already going on in some areas, & small infill in others. But its been well publicised that VM's expansion is a long term project going on over the next several years. This will have to be a staged expansion. Several cable companies went bust constructing the original networks in the 1990's through overstretching their limits. From a personal point of view Wivenhoe is in with a very good chance of being included due to its size, & close proximity to VM existing infrastructure. But VM are not going to just throw money at the project to get everyone on in the shortest time. All the providers usually run on 12 month contacts, so even if you went somewhere else there is nothing to stop you switching later.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

guesty7
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks for coming back to me. I will keep my ear to the ground; for the sound of digging.

cheers peter

0 Kudos