Menu
Smithn660
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

C501 error code

I got Virgin Media for the first time in October 2016. I was very impressed with the 201mbps I was receiving but the internet speed seems to have bottomed out now at 12 mbps which is a huge drop. I also got the TV. The Tivo box is very slow and doesn't seem to react well to scrolling through shows or finding items on demand. I often have to turn the unit off and back to when it freezes. Today I have a new error code, C501. I no longer have any on demand or catch up facilities. I have tried a restart of TV and internet but it didn't help. What can I do about these issues? I don't feel like I am getting value for money at the moment and my son is on the verge of a melt down because we cant watch Thomas and Friends. Thanks, Nic.

0 Kudos
Paraopeba12
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: C501 error code

Hello,
Welcome to the world of virgin

Now start crying because unfortunately you have been conned into a contract for a service that is non existent.

Have a good evening

Virgin customer service
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smithn660, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having an issue with this error message. 

There was a fault we became aware of that was resolved 1st February.

How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Smithn660
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kath,

Thanks for the post. The issue didnt really resolve itself so i called virgin and they highlighted the same fault you mention in your post but said some of the other symtoms i was suffering was due to the age of the technology. I have now upgraded to the tivo v6 which was released just after i signed up. It is so much better. Its faster to browse and load up netflix etc and even simple things like changing channel seems less of a struggle for this box which compared to the last box is a god send. I was worried i was going to be tied in to a contract with poor service but the guy that helped ne out was amazing. I think he was suprised that i didnt lose my temper but he tried his best to sort my issue and thats what customer service is avout. Sorry this turned in to a speech but its rare you get things to work in your favour these days.
0 Kudos