Menu
AndyWoodcock
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on catch-up TV

Hi

I have a Virgin TV/Broadband/Landline package with a Tivo box. Over the past few weeks, it has become virtually impossible to watch Catch-up TV because of continual pauses for buffering. 

Buffering does not occur with every catch-up programme, but on most of them the screen pauses multiple times during a programme - sometimes every few seconds. If we start a programme then pause it for a few minutes, we might get five minutes of uninterrupted viewing before the buffering starts again.

Is there a simple way to solve this? If not, we will be moving to a different supplier. We live in London SE22.

Best

Andy Woodcock

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering on catch-up TV

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I have checked the signals and they're looking great this end so can I just confirm whether all cables are secure at the back of the box otherwise I would like to arrange for a technician so please let me know if this is required.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AndyWoodcock
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

All the cables seem to be securely in place. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been checking our broadband speeds using various online tests, such as the Which? test. Most days, they record the download speed as around 5 to 8 Mbps. On one occasion, I got a download speed of 70-80 Mbps, but this has not been repeated. My understanding is that Virgin claims to deliver around 70 Mbps, so if the speed check tests are correct, our connection is seriously underperforming, and I would imagine that this is what is causing the buffering to TV signals.

I'd be grateful if you could arrange an engineer to have a look at it.

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your posts. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your Catch Up TV and broadband speeds. Have you been in touch with our Faults or Technical Support team about these issues previously? Has this been sorted out for you?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos