Menu
stukennedy
Joining in
Message 1 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Bt europe /TVXL

Can anybody tell me if BT Sport Europe will come with TVXL at no additional cost?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 156
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bt europe /TVXL

Latest release from VM is at this link. pricing not announced.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/BT-Sport-Europe-Update/td-p/2843866

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 156
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Latest release from VM is at this link. pricing not announced.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/BT-Sport-Europe-Update/td-p/2843866

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
stewarty61
Joining in
Message 3 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Looks like its going to cost £3.00 extra a month according to this

http://www.seenit.co.uk/how-virgin-media-tries-to-blame-bt-for-hiking-up-its-prices/

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 156
Flag for a moderator

it seems fair that people with no interest in sport subsidise those who do want  to watch it

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 156
Flag for a moderator

Oh wait I said fair I meant obscene 

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 156
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

it seems fair obscene that people with no interest in sport subsidise those who do want  to watch it

If there were no sports then it is highly unlikely that Sky would exist these days with streaming services providing access to movies and programs previously unavailable other than via multi channel services.    BT and Sky can't pay for the rights through subscriptions to sports channels alone, so it gets subsidised by other activities.  They can't afford not to have sport because they would get too few subscribers.

0 Kudos
KingfisherUK
Up to speed
Message 7 of 156
Flag for a moderator

It's almost like Virgin want to copy EVERY mistake Sky make.

First the ridiculousness that is TV Anywhere (AKA "Sky Go 2 years ago, only worse"), now prices rises for everyone just to cover the cost of football.

Did they not even register the huge backlash to Sky's last price increases?

I've said it before and it's still just as pertinent; Those who do not learn from history's mistakes are doomed to repeat them.

0 Kudos
long123
Joining in
Message 8 of 156
Flag for a moderator

it seems fair that people with no interest in sport subsidise those who do want to watch it

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 156
Flag for a moderator

arrgee1991 wrote:

dannylau wrote:

it seems fair obscene that people with no interest in sport subsidise those who do want  to watch it

If there were no sports then it is highly unlikely that Sky would exist these days with streaming services providing access to movies and programs previously unavailable other than via multi channel services.    BT and Sky can't pay for the rights through subscriptions to sports channels alone, so it gets subsidised by other activities.  They can't afford not to have sport because they would get too few subscribers.

But they don't lump their sports into the only pack that gives you HD channels across the board

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 156
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

But they don't lump their sports into the only pack that gives you HD channels across the board

No, but Virgin Media need to pay BT/Sky enough to make it worth their while supplying the channels.  Far easier to add £3 across the board to those with XL who are likely to keep it month after month than to sell the channels stand alone when people will add and remove it as they please, most likely only having it whilst the Champions League games take place.

I agree it is wrong that those who don't want sport have to take it in order to get channels in HD.  Virgin should offer a XL minus without sport to those who want it, but I suspect it would cost little less than XL.

0 Kudos