Menu
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broken remote

HI forum

my V+HD remote controller has given up the ghost , so i need a replacement

rung the Virgin team a few times during the day but there has been a 15 minute wait !!

would one of the virgin team be able to send me a new remote ?

the remote is the No 8 option on the website

Thanks in advance

Rachel

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken remote

RAQUEL6 wrote:

HI forum

my V+HD remote controller has given up the ghost , so i need a replacement

rung the Virgin team a few times during the day but there has been a 15 minute wait !!

would one of the virgin team be able to send me a new remote ?

the remote is the No 8 option on the website

Thanks in advance

Rachel

There's been no news of any changes regarding the policy of "no remote control replacements via the community", so you are still looking at calling in or trying to request a replacement via a online chat with VM.

If you have a Virgin Media landline or Virgin Mobile number, you can call 150 for free and therein use the TV faults option. Just tap the 'speaker' button on your phone then leave it nearby you, focus on other things in the meantime until someone answers you. After 10PM the on hold delays should be next to nil.

Or tomorrow use the Contact Us page between 9AM to 5PM from a desktop or laptop device: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> Help with my remote control. Click the Chat Online button. If it says all agents are busy, refresh the window periodically (every 2 to 5 minutes.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Many thanks for your reply i will try the online chat tomorrow, shame about the non replacement via the forum though, surely for "small' problems like these it would free up space for users with larger scale problems to get through to the helpline ?

anyway thanks again for your quick response

regards

Rachel

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just to say new remote ordered via the online chat system , nice and easy it"s the quickest way to get through in my opinion

Regards

Rachel

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's great; thanks for letting us know that you got the replacement requested Cat Very Happy

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

In anticipation of my new remote coming this week , is there a link on how to sync the remote with the TV , V+ BOX,  

Regards

Rachel

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes - look here. I've taken it you do have remote control type 8.

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller#types_7-8

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Howard

Trust Panasonic to have the most codes to try !!

Regards

rachel

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

just to say new remote arrived today , so a 3 day turn round , and luckily having a Panasonic TV it was the 3rd code i tried Smiley Surprised

NB the remote does look  slightly different ,slimmer and different key layout but still works ok 

Regards

Rachel

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachel,

Many thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear your new remote has arrived promptly and in full working order.

If you get any further issues please post again and we'll happily help.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos