Menu
Dabber1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brand new HD box

I was looking forward to my new box arriving and the easy to connect instructions complete..... not working, called Virgin unable to offer any suggestions. I decided to re connect my old NTL box and that being very but still worked, this time the HD channels were lit up whereas previously depressed ( greyed out)? the new box had none of the virgin channels lit up just BBC and ITV channels, this seems to be an issue with the smart card but at no time have virgin mentioned this....any ideas peeps

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Brand new HD box

Viewing cards can only be "paired" with one TV box at a time. The fact that you are only seeing the unencrypted channels on the new box means the card is still paired with the old box. You should find labels on the back of both boxes with the serial numbers on. Make a note of these & ring customer services again, so that they can pair the card with the new box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Viewing cards can only be "paired" with one TV box at a time. The fact that you are only seeing the unencrypted channels on the new box means the card is still paired with the old box. You should find labels on the back of both boxes with the serial numbers on. Make a note of these & ring customer services again, so that they can pair the card with the new box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Dabber1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for this will check it out when I get home, as I left my wife and daughter to sort with customer services.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dabber1

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your new box, the pairing process can happen any time on the day that your new box is due to be activated.

With that in mind, it's likely that things are working as they should on the new box but I wanted to check in with you just in case that's not the case?

We'll be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos