Menu
TraceyNorthEast
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Box Swap

Just recieved a postcard letter from virgin about Box Swap, confused, so I rung them up. Spoke to a lovely lady but im still confused. Is this upgrade 'Only for V+ boxes to Tivo' ?  What about the 2 older boxes i have in the kids bedrooms will they be Upgraded aswell ? 

Also, even though the 'swap' is Free, will my monthly charges go up with each Tivo Box they do swap. It cost me an extra £5.00 a month to go 'Tivo' with my main box. ( that was a previous 'free offer' that turned out to cost me an extra 5.00 a month ) so this free offer, will it turn out to be 'free to have these new tivo boxes installed' that ends up costing me an extra £15.00 a month. (5.00 per tivo box a month? ) The lady on the phone reassured me that it was free but seemed a little confused why i was asking. I was told to wait for the official email and not go to the site to register my swappings.

Kindly end my confusion with definative proof.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box Swap

The box swap only involves people with Scientific Atlanta V+HD boxes, who are also subscribing to Sky Movies &/or Sky Sports in HD. No other boxes are affected by this issue, so do not need changing. You can opt to keep your existing V+ box & not change, but you will no longer have access to the HD channels mentioned previously after January next year. The box swap is free, & there will be no increase in rental charges.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The box swap only involves people with Scientific Atlanta V+HD boxes, who are also subscribing to Sky Movies &/or Sky Sports in HD. No other boxes are affected by this issue, so do not need changing. You can opt to keep your existing V+ box & not change, but you will no longer have access to the HD channels mentioned previously after January next year. The box swap is free, & there will be no increase in rental charges.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ArferDaley
Up to speed
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

this is a disgraceful attitude from virgin media you can get the four main hd stations on freeview and freesat as standard yet you have too pay to upgrade so u can recieve them thru virginmedia slowly loosing my patience with virgin

If It Ain't Broke
Don't Fix It
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can get all the BBC HD channels, ITV1 HD, Channel 4HD & Channel 5 HD on all VM's TV packs (Channel 5 HD is not available on Freeview or Freesat, & requires an HD subscription to receive on Sky). TV M is Free as long as you keep a phone line on the account.

All platforms require you to buy HD equipment to receive HD. Rental charges for basic HD equipment on Virgin are the same as the basic non-HD equipment. There is only a one-off delivery charge to swap one for another.

Don't see what the problem is.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
ArferDaley
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

RE: You can get all the BBC HD channels, ITV1 HD, Channel 4HD & Channel 5 HD on all VM's TV packs (Channel 5 HD is not available on Freeview or Freesat, & requires an HD subscription to receive on Sky). TV M is Free as long as you keep a phone line on the account.

the problem is i have been a customer from way back when ntl was a lad so as a long serving customer i thought loyalty would count for something these days but it would seem not these days your just another paying customer the longer you stay the sooner you get left behind
If It Ain't Broke
Don't Fix It
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ArferDaley,

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the package you are on and the available service on that package. 

If you would like for us review what upgrades are available for you, please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone). 

We are happy to discuss this further and see if we can find a more suitable option for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
1701-e
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ArferDaley If you read the reply it clearly stated the equipment upgrade is for Sky sports/movies HD on one model of box. You don't get those channels on Freesat/Freeview.

0 Kudos
ArferDaley
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your info Terri but the fact of the matter is I downgraded my TV pack months ago
and purchased a Freeview box and I am very happy with it as I can record one station and watch another and the standard 4 HD channels thrown in it suits my needs I don't watch sport well only the rugby when its on
so i don't need the sport channels I worked out the saving and was also able too invest in a Free-sat smart TV but i stay with virgin media only because the internet cant be beaten and would recommend Virgin-Media internet highly
If It Ain't Broke
Don't Fix It
0 Kudos