Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Box Sets??

So I am a full XL, Sky cinema, Sports subscriber

I am interested in some box sets and so choose

Home>On Demand>Box sets

and the selection is a terrible collection of 19 pieces of tv trash

Bafta TV nominations+ Kingdom+Derek+Top Model+Sponge Bob +the Five etc

there are a couple that I might be interested in, but there is nothing really good? is there another way to access proper box sets?

you know box sets...if I look on Sky's webpage it shows Veep, Broadchurch, Sopranos ...you know things you have actually heard of, what gives, is it just that the VM guide is not showing me the real stuff?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box Sets??

Assuming you have the TiVo or V6...

On Demand > Box Sets > Channels

Hundreds (if not thousands?!) of episodes of programmes from Sky, ABC Studios, ITV, Channel 4, Universal, Syfy, FOX, Comedy Central, MTV, CBS, Sony, Discovery, National Geographic, History, Lifetime, TLC and Virgin TV Exclusives... what's the problem?

All Replies
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you want box sets go to sky

virgin equivalent is A crap B broke

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi machineghost, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you're unhappy with the selection of boxsets available Smiley Sad 

All of our On Demand box sets are reviewed often to ensure we are making room for new content. 

I'm sure there will be something new for you to watch soon Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so this is the only place for boxsets....that is there isn't another one for Sky boxsets or4OD boxsets or something?

I realise that Virgin updates there selection, but this selection is really poor, but in the back of mind is that notion that this is just a portion of the boxset content that is available and that the problem is with how the guide presents the information?

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Assuming you have the TiVo or V6...

On Demand > Box Sets > Channels

Hundreds (if not thousands?!) of episodes of programmes from Sky, ABC Studios, ITV, Channel 4, Universal, Syfy, FOX, Comedy Central, MTV, CBS, Sony, Discovery, National Geographic, History, Lifetime, TLC and Virgin TV Exclusives... what's the problem?

machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey VMViewer

Thanks this is helpful, I didnt see this, and now I can see that my problem is with guide organisation. I assumed that that when I click Boxsets and it says 19 items that those are them, and like I said the Bafta TV nominations are not a box set, but these 19 items are not really 19 boxsets, or even 19 folders of boxsets...there isn't really 19 anything

so there is an issue here which is there are items (like Bafta and Billy and Billie) which are not great examples of Box Sets or in the case of the Bafta show a boxset at all

then there are items with a  blue category label (so Lucky Man has a blue label for Trending) and then there are Channels, All and TvPlayers

but if you go into these there is more content, I acknowledge your point, but much of it is not box sets?

So go into Drama where you might expect to find Drama Boxsets the second item is 92 in the Shade, --->not a boxset but a movie

So no wonder I didnt recognise these items as being boxsets that people might have heard of, there are boxsets that I havent heard of...true.but the guide is misleadingly populating the Boxset item with all sorts of stuff.

So perhaps it would helpful if this guide was more of a......guide?

0 Kudos
Birchwood32
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

But no Sons of Anarchy 

0 Kudos