Menu
Jonin13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Box Sets - On Non TIVO Box.....

Having just got off the phone to 2nd line support for the third time in as many days..

There are many people on here, wondering where the box sets have gone that they were watching.

The answer is, they, as in VM, made an error and published all the boxsets onto the non-TIVO boxes, when they were only supposed to be available on the TIVO service.

Helpful Answers
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box Sets - On Non TIVO Box.....

neg wrote:

Box sets always used to be available on V+ boxes so when did they decide they were only going to be available on TiVo, I don't remember ever seeing a change of contract terms from VM.

From the 1st of this month, I believe. Box sets have been removed from all non TiVo boxes.

VM have stopped supplying legacy STB's, from this month all new customers will get TiVo's even as their additional boxes.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and have your V+ boxes replaced with TiVo units.

All Replies
neg
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Box sets always used to be available on V+ boxes so when did they decide they were only going to be available on TiVo, I don't remember ever seeing a change of contract terms from VM.

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

neg wrote:

From the 1st of this month, I believe. Box sets have been removed from all non TiVo boxes.

VM have stopped supplying legacy STB's, from this month all new customers will get TiVo's even as their additional boxes.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and have your V+ boxes replaced with TiVo units.

Jonin13
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I completely agree.

However, before automatically asking for one.

Check to see whether you are in contract, or on a month by month rolling. If you are on a rolling contract, talk to them nicely, and work a deal.

I now have a 2nd TIVO box coming, being delivered next week, with no fees added to my account.

neg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have an engineer coming on Tuesday to fix the issue!! Be interesting to see what he does.. l1 support not got a clue...

0 Kudos
Jonin13
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's amusing, Neg. Keep me up-to date, on that please. I'd be interested in what he says!

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

neg wrote:

Have an engineer coming on Tuesday to fix the issue!! Be interesting to see what he does.. l1 support not got a clue...

That is hilarious.

0 Kudos
brusson
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with VM agent via chat this morning and was told they had pushed a fix to my V+ box that should resolve my problem with boxsets. They also said they will only be replacing the V+ Scientific Atlanta boxes.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've just posted this elsewhere, but in case you've not seen it, some of our content that was meant to be TiVo-only has been available on other boxes in error. You’ll still be able to enjoy a host of great on demand content and 7 day catch up.

Apologies for the confusion here.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos