Menu
smiffy69
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box Sets Expiring

Just catching up on Criminal  Minds (series 7 box set) and noticed a banner telling me that this will expire tomorrow.  ?? I looked at the other series and they are also saying they are expiring. 

Am I doing something wrong, have a subscription issue  or is it the norm that you get into a series and then they are removed to make you then pay for them?

Any top tips welcome 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Sets Expiring

Box sets on both Virgin Media and Sky are only available for a limited time and expire, usually at the end of a month.

0 Kudos
smiffy69
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK but that's pretty rubbish as I am half way through a series and it disappears.  Is this the future of online content?  Does any one know how long it takes to come back (if ever) or do I now need to go and buy the DVDs ? 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sky bots sets have the same thing. virgin sky etc are licensed to show tv shows for a certain time. the criminal minds one have been on there for some time. sometimes they come back again in the future but again they will be for a limited time, could be three months or six months or in some cases just a month.

0 Kudos
stobbs5482
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had this same problem with the exact same series.  I moved from Sky to VM because of a good deal.  I'll be going back to sky at the end of the 12 months.  VM boxsets are poor in comparison to what sky offers.  You also have the advantage of shows being recorded to the HDD, so even when they expire from the sky boxset library you still have time (son long as you've downloaded them) to watch them.

Not impressed with VM tv service at all.  Broadband is first class but TV is a poor second to Sky.

0 Kudos