Menu
PPMH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Box Set Expiry Dates

I started to watch 3 different shows On Demand Box Sets.  Firstly 'Desperate Housewives', then 'Greys Anatomy' and currently 'Scandal'.  However after starting to watch these shows (and having really enjoyed them) they are suddenly no longer available, or in the case of 'Scandal' I am advised I only have the box set until 31/03/2017.  Can someone advise if have I just been unlucky to watch shows that have come to an overall expiry date (for example Virgin only have th elicence for a certain amount of time)?  Or do I personally only have a short period of time to watch them?  If the latter is the case then it is completely ridiculous to think I could possibly watch all the episodes available within these shows within the approximate month entitlement.  Becuase I'm seriously fed up after really enjoying these shows, to get half way through a season and have them turned off.  I'd rather not be given the box sets at all, in fact if this is the case I won't use them again.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Set Expiry Dates

All the content is time specific.
You are lucky to have seen a date and it has been known to just go with no notice.
Many find the content does return like The Walking Dead tends to come and go so all I can suggest is keep an eye and search for the content every now and again and it possibly will return.

To be honest Sky is like that also but maybe just not so much so.
PPMH
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've only recently discovered Box Sets, just never really looked in that menu before... the lack of expiry dates does seem daft, mind. As good as some of the stuff is, is it not a complete lottery if you start a series without having any clue as to when it "finishes"?

I've got the http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/ link but to rely on a third party site to have just an idea seems a tad bizarre to me.

Oh well.

0 Kudos