Menu
BKnight
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blue and red light on TiVo box

Hi there we have had a blue and red light on our TiVo box the last 24 hours with lots of other green & red lights flashing intermittently.

We have turned the box on and off by the switch at the back and have also unplugged from the main power cable multiple times.

Any ideas as to how this can be fixed or do we need an engineer out?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blue and red light on TiVo box

Dead box. Ring it in.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dead box. Ring it in.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
BKnight
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, will do that.
0 Kudos
Jenni4
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem- blue light and flashing red light and stuck on "starting up screen" for 24 hours. I've only had the box for a month, and hardly used it (because it was in the study) so can it really be dead? The problem has only occurred after setting up a Powerline to enable me to move the Tivo box to the living room and actually use it. The Powerline seems to be working ok- I got the one with a Wifi booster on it and I can get onto the Wifi via the booster fine. Any other ideas or do I have to spend hours on the phone to someone who doesn't believe and appears to have no technical knowledge like I did for a TV anywhere problem recently?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi BKnight,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TiVo®.

I can see the technician has been out and fixed this for you. How'd the appointment go? Is everything working OK now?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenni4,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've run a diagnostic on the box but it doesn't seem to be connecting properly to our network. I'd like to send a technician to sort this out for you.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jenni4
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending the Technician out. Unfortunately I read the page- pasted below- on VM website and thought that you could connect TIVO through powerline alone. Technician pointed out the page is just about using your devices as a remote control, but if you read from the heading about connecting TIVO through Powerline it is an easy mistake to make to think it is about more than that. IN fact I have no idea why you'd want to connect TIVO through Powerline to use devices as remote control. Anyway, Technician explains this is not possible so I can't use the Tivo in the room that my TV is in because it is a long way from the Wifi box. It would need to be cabled and I'm not going to be doing that. So I really need the new Sky Cinema App to work on my Macbook (separate posts) or there is absolutely no point in having TV on my package. 

Thanks for trying to help. 

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=13730&CURRENT_...

0 Kudos