Menu
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Big Kahuna bundle but still with a V+ box

Hi all,

I've been with Virgin for eons, and was one of the first on the Big Bundles you guys offered, which included a V+ box and a Tivo for multi room, thing I've still got a V+ box!  

Is there any way I actually get another Tivo box without paying through the nose?  It seems unfair that a loyal customer such as myself has to stick with such antiquated technology whilst Virgin are throwing multi Tivos to new customers, it's really frustrating!!!  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Big Kahuna bundle but still with a V+ box

You said it yourself. TiVo is an upgrade on the V+. Anyone on XL with a V+ box gets the recording features for free, & is paying the same rental as someone with an additional non-recording VHD box. New customers only get one TiVO inclusive on the Big Bundles. Additional TiVO's are the same price whether you are a new or an existing customer.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Got two workmates who've now both been given two Tivos as new customers with no additional price.

0 Kudos
Aerosol_KId
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Edit - it's the big Daddy bundle we're on and at over a £100 a month a crappy V+ box doesn't seem right to be fair.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I still have a V+ box as the second box after being on the original VIP bundle.
Every time I have anything to do with reporting a fault or making account changes etc I say any chance of replacing that V+ with a Tivo and they yes for £x so I say leave it as it is then.
It's not essential just would be a nice to have.
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:
You said it yourself. TiVo is an upgrade on the V+. Anyone on XL with a V+ box gets the recording features for free, & is paying the same rental as someone with an additional non-recording VHD box. New customers only get one TiVO inclusive on the Big Bundles. Additional TiVO's are the same price whether you are a new or an existing customer.

Is that right?  I have an old V+ box that was never collected, can I swap it with the standard VHD box and just pay £6.50/month?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your old box will have been wiped off the systems when you changed package, so pairing the card to the old box will no longer work.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:
Your old box will have been wiped off the systems when you changed package, so pairing the card to the old box will no longer work.

Even if I call?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

V+ boxes are only fitted by engineers now. You ring up with the serial number of a V+ box thats not been through the refurb system recently & with either of these they will soon twig something is up.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

... they will soon twig something is up.

Nothing is up as such, they just never came for the box and it has been gathering dust for the last couple of years.  I will call and ask,

0 Kudos