Menu
xxxTheGatxxx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BTSport Red Button Quality

The picture quality when watching sport on BTSPORT via the red button is extremely poor. Not happy with this service at all. Is this to be expected?! Or is there a fault with the service at the moment. I'm trying to watch champions league football btw. I don't remember it being like this last season.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BTSport Red Button Quality

If BT are over compressing the signal this might be the likely cause. It would be interesting to hear if BT customers on satellite (where VM gets its feed from) have the same issues.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes red button on BT Sport is very poor but I expect sky customers to get a better picture as they get it direct from BT and also they get their red button in HD

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin gets the BT Red Button feeds from the Astra satellites, which are the same cluster Sky use.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
LindaAMS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know nod, I was just stating that we only get the SD versions on virgin and that customers getting it on sky direct from BT and on BT tv get HD versions that is all

0 Kudos