Menu
karl711
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BT sport

So,

when will us virgin media tv customers lose BT sport?

just read that virgin has lost both bt sport and ireland sport?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT sport

I cant find any reference to BT Sports being dropped by VM UK, only the Irish arm

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi karl711,

Kippies is correct here. We have no plans to remove BT Sport at present.  

Let me know if you require any further assistance,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wish you would remove it! I'm still slightly annoyed by the price rise we had when you forced us TV XL users to take it and pay for it...
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is a big demand to have BT sports so it's a good thing. Have you tried to talk to VM to discuss your plan. As I have said in the past sport is the biggest seller for cable and other platforms
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, tried when they first told us we were going to have to pay for it. Got it reduced for six months, but then it went back up. Was told that if I wanted to keep XL then I'd have to swallow the rise for BT Sports. We use a lot of the XL only channels, so that was a no go so we just had to put up with it. I *might* have been OK with it had they not explicitly said that the price increase was so they could bring us BT Sport. IMO that should be something you can choose to pay for, or not.

Nothing I can do about it now, but I did reduce some of my other services with Virgin to compensate. Just still rankles a bit.

0 Kudos
karl711
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well, if you do a google search about virgin media to lose BT Sports, this is what comes up,                                                                                                        Virgin Media customers to lose eir Sport and BT Sports at the end of July
Last night, Virgin Media announced that from 31 July it would no longer be carrying the eir Sports pack, and will instead offer Sky Sports 1-5 and Sky Sports News HQ.
by Eoin Clarke on 27th July, 2016

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Luckily we will not lose it in the UK
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Big posters went up around our town centre a week or so ago :

"The only place to get Sky Sports & BT Sport in one package on Virgin Media"

Looks like BT Sports is here to stay. Only Virgin Media Ireland is dropping Setanta & BT Sports from its packages.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/virgin-media-to-drop-eir-sport-and-bt-from-ca...

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport is a pain in the ass. Had nothing at all on over the whole summer. Eurosport and Premier Sports were far better.  And now is back with its meagre football offering to fleece you for £18/month. European Community Shield is on tonight. The shrinking of the screen on BT Sport 3 in the style of Sky Sports News is especially annoying when absolutely NOTHING changes.  Amazingly all the sides in the Premier League have 0 games played and 0 points.  Who'd believe it?  Sooner the Champions League is taken off them the better.     

0 Kudos