Menu
JC7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BT sport channels & Channel 5 - poor picture quality

Hi

All BT sport channels, expect BT Sport 2, are so bad I'm unable to watch them. This evening has the worst it's been. Channel 5 picture quality is poor as well. My children have mentioned that some of the kids channels are flickering and proving difficult to watch. I've tried switching off my TiVo box but nothing has changed. My v+box is also experience this poor picture quality as well. 

Any ideas how this can be improved  please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT sport channels - poor signal

Hi JC7,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption you're experiencing on your sports channels right now.  I'd like to help check this out with you if that's ok?

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine signal wise at the moment.  I'd like to find out a bit more please if you don't mind getting back tom e with the following information:

*  Will this affect other channels as well as the sports channels?

*  Is the box well ventilated?

*  Have you checked the leads to ensure they are plugged in securely?

*  Will this happen at certain times of the day?

*  Lastly, have you tried rebooting the box to refresh things?  I know this may sound like a simple fix, it can help cure most niggles that          occur.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC7,

I'm checking back with you to see how you are getting on regarding the problem with viewing the BT Sports channels as we haven't heard back from you yet.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Thanks,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JC7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thank you for your support. Over the weekend, the BT sport channels have been fine compared with the problems I experienced last week. Hopefully there will be no further issues.

JC7

tammac81
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Usual spiel----- blame the customer!.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC7,

Thanks for your reply and I'm pleased to hear that all has been better for you.

If the fault returns or you have any other issue, don't hesitate to get back in touch and let us know.

We're here to help if you need us.

All the best,

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JC7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

During the last week the signal on various channels has been poor, particularly channel 5. It is constantly breaking up making it virtually impossible to watch. I've done everything that has been suggested such as making such all wires are connected properly, switching the box off etc. It has done nothing to improve the picture and sound quality. This is now the second time this has happened in only a few weeks, therefore I think something needs to be done done by virgin (however I'm not holding my breath as  reading other posts suggest this is a common theme that doesn't get felt with properly). I'll just have to wait and see! Send someone out would be my suggestion instead of just checking remotely would be my suggestion. 

JC7 😡

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JC7,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear the fault has been persistent.  I'll be happy to arrange for an engineer for you.

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps. (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos