Menu
Ramiro
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT Sports red button not working

I have noticed since last weekend that the red button of BT Sports and Sky Sports is not working. Whenever I press it to watch football matches on the Extra channels I get a message of "step back". I've spoken to the technical service but they could not see any error from their tests. Has anyone got problems with the red button as well? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sports red button not working

Good morning Ramiro Smiley Happy

I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far, I'm very sorry to learn that the red button hasn't been working as it should.

I would like to help and from what I can see, there does seem to be some issue with the certain timeouts but I would like to monitor this over the next 24-48 hours, as I'm seeing some indications of a fault the TiVo box will need a reboot first.

I was also able to see that the EPG data isn't in sync as it should be, can you please use the following flow?:-

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. Select Network.
  5. Choose Connect to the Virgin Media Service now.

Many thanks and stay in touch

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ramiro
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your e-mail. I have tried the steps that you mention and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have also rebooted (I've tried that four or five times now), and nothing. And I have rebooted and reconnected to the media service and still doesn't work. The red button is still not working. What I have noticed is that the red button only works in the BBC, it doesn't work on any of the other channels I've tested, Sky, Sky Sports or BT Sports. I talked to the 150 number on Tuesday but they couldn't resolve the issue, so I'm a bit concerned and I will probably need some compensation as I haven't been able to watch some of the matches I was interested in.

i hoe you can give me some idea of what is going on. Thank you.

ramiro

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ramiro,

Thank you for your time and coming back to me.

Would it be possible to take a photo of the error you get when you try and press the red button and post it here for us all to see?

I've also checked the outage page and there aren't any red button outages we can see here. Once I can see where the error is coming I'll be able to escalate this for you. 

Many thanks. 

Ben

0 Kudos
Ramiro
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I phoned 150 and they could not replicate the issue either. They passed the issue to the engineers (who were to contact me if they could not find the glitch) and this Wednesday I checked and the red button was back in business. I don't know what has happened, but it was quite a strange behaviour. Thanks fully it seems resolved now.

Thanks for your help,

Ramiro

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ramiro,

Straight off the bat i'd like to apologies for the inconvenience, I know too well when the red button doesn't work, it's always when it's something important. 

I am rally glad that it is working now though, if you do need any additional help, let me know.

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos