Menu
umkomazi
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport price hike

Thanks Vermin media for the price hike to cover the costs of football - I don't watch football - it is BORING beyond belief yet I am having a price hike IMPOSED by Vermin Media to cover the costs of a couple of dozen over-paid luvvies kick a ball round a field & then hug each other when one kicks the ball into a net twice the size of a double decker bus!! Wooooopedie DooooDaAA

Perhaps Vermin should spread the cost around those who DO sit on the sofa watching something less interesting than paint dry viz football!!!

Yet another "own goal" by the Genius Management @ VM!!!

Beemer
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport price hike

ditto from me.   I'm considering cancelling.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi umkomazi and Beemer,

Thank you both for your post on the Forum. I understand a price change is never good news. We certainly wouldn't like to lose anyone as a customer as a result of this news.

We do appreciate some customers may not be sports fans. However, we offer more channels and faster broadband speeds depending on what package you want. So there's a lot to consider.

If you don't have an interest in sports, this may be a good time to tailor your package to suit your needs.

If you would like to discuss billing or package changes with our Customer Care department, please ring 150 from a Virgin Media line or 0345 454 1111 from any other landline, or you can go through Contact Us via www.virginmedia.com/help to contact Online Chat.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
davorg
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check this other thread on the same subject to see the range of offers that people are being given when they threaten to leave over this.

I ended up with broadband that was twice as fast and a £4/month price reduction (which will become £1/month in September when the price increase comes in).

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
0 Kudos
umkomazi
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very helpful about changing package.......I am afraid being sarcastic! VM don't grasp the problem - they should impose football on those want to watch paint dry & like to have their pockets picked for the privilege!

To be FORCED to pay for someone else's "entertainment" gets my goat - would Vermin Management turn up to a cinema & EXPECT a complete stranger to pay for their tickets? No ..thought not!

0 Kudos
mphippen
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Terri, it is not possible to 'tailor' a package - I was told quite clearly when I called about this. The word is 'downgrade', as used by your agents on the phone. If you want the XL TV for the full range of drama, kids, music and HD channels then you have to take BT Sports too. This was acceptable until you imposed an extra channel on us and made us pay for it, like it or not.

This forum, Facebook, Twitter - it's full of people who think this is a totally bad, and terribly unfair move by Virgin Media. I really do feel for you guys on the customer facing teams who have to sit there and defend it, because you know it's wrong. Surely, you do, right?
0 Kudos