Menu
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport Extra messages

Can someone tell me how to delete the message in the top right hand corner of the screen that says Press for more with a red circle by may be using the remote control or by going into settings,after a long 20 minute phone call i was told this message was part of the BT Sport broadcast and could not be removed,seems a lame excuse.It is really annoying while watching a football match to always have this message on the screen. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport Extra messages

If you've got TiVo then press 'Clear' on your remote. If you've got a V box if I recall correctly press blue.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Ben but pressing the blue button does not solve the problem on my V+ HD box.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pressing Blue clears the red button messages on both my V+ boxes. However, if you are actually using the red button service, the "close" button will remain on the screen to remind you that you are using a supplemental service..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am using the red button service when viewing the various football matches on the BT Sport Extra,but when i get rid of the "close" button,i then get "Press for more"option with a red circle,which i can not get rid of,how do i get that from appearing on screen,as pressing any of the coloured buttons on the remote control including the blue button does not get rid of the message.   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As stated in my previous post, you cannot get rid of the "Close" button when viewing a supplemental service. This applies to supplemental services on all TV platforms, not just Virgin. The only exception is BBC red button, which also permits an EPG slot (Channel 991) to be used.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry but you are wrong on not being able to get rid of the "close" option on the BT Sport Extra channels,because i can,that is not the problem,the problem i have got is to clear the "Press for more"option with the red circle on the screen when watching certain football matches on the BT Sport Extra channels. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There will always be something at the top of the screen. It is integral to the supplemental service. You cant turn it off, so leave up there what you find least intrusive.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
Greenback66
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It might be integral to the supplemental service,but that's not to say it's annoying to see it there,and

not being able to turn it off makes it even more so,i don't want to see it,end of. 

0 Kudos