Menu
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

BT AMC Channel - available on Virgin?

Looking at this.....

http://www.seenit.co.uk/sky-viewers-will-get-fear-the-walking-dead-but-only-if-they-pay-bt/

Does it mean that if you have the BT sports channels (either as part of XL pack or standalone BT sports) you'll have access to the new AMC channel (which will be showing "Fear the Walking Dead"), or does it mean, like Sky Atlantic, it's another channel where Virgin customers wont get a look-in?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT AMC Channel - available on Virgin?

Unfortunately AMC is an exclusive to BT's TV service at launch.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
regentroad5
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is becoming less and less attractive as a TV provider.

blamelouis
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Time to switch.
0 Kudos
Zack2015
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does that mean virgin media customers who have all BT sports channels can't watch it? It's to my understanding you only have to have the BT channels and not their packages to be a customer so we should be able too right?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My understanding is that you have to be paying BT direct for their Sports service as you would do if you were on satellite (BT handle their subscriptions directly, they rent a space from Sky on the EPG) or getting BT TV direct from BT. The position with VM is that you paying for BT services indirectly and so do qualify for AMC.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Zack2015 wrote:
Does that mean virgin media customers who have all BT sports channels can't watch it? It's to my understanding you only have to have the BT channels and not their packages to be a customer so we should be able too right?

Unfortunately the £3 increase doesn't seem to have included the AMC channel, but yay we got more sport Smiley Sad

Zack2015
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ahh that clears things up abit thank you! However I can't find this BT showcase channel anywhere on VM box..
0 Kudos
jdew999
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

£3 increase for even more sport that I don't have time to watch (there is still only 24hrs in the day right?) and no Fear the Walking Dead when we have the Walking Dead already, then it's time to finish with Virgin. Who is to say that now AMC has its own channel that The Walking dead will not disappear from Fox? Had a good run but time to move back to Sky
0 Kudos
djxxx
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The best way to do is download it and you get it a week before BT... That's the only way around it if VM do not have it... Just this second watched episode 2 of Fear The Walking Dead
0 Kudos