Menu
Stella10cat
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BBCiplayer, gone?.

I can not get the icon for bbciplayer anymore on my on demand and tv catch up, why is this? 

Wanted to catch up on Sherlock as was working and it doesn't exist on my screen anymore, just a plain BBC grey icon which shows nothing from the past weekend.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBCiplayer, gone?.

Which box are you using?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Stella10cat
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have what I think is the latest type, but not TiVo. 

I use use two boxes and they are both the same, looks like this is a central problem, they have put the prices up and cut our services by the looks of things, I am fuming 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

the latest type is the v6 and have only just been released. you have the older type v box if you havn't just received a box and have already said you don't have a tvo.

i do know that the bbc have very recently phased out the bbc iplayer v2 and will not work anymore. i can only assume that you have the v6 box and it is the older bbc iplayer version you have installed on the v6. time to upgrade to tvo or v6 i would say.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

One of these?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Stella10cat
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes that is what I have got

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmmmm, no reason I can ascertain that it shouldn't be available.

I assume you've tried rebooting the box?

0 Kudos
Stella10cat
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had the engineer round for a few hours on Saturday checking everything and they can't find the cause. They have changed one of my boxes to a TiVo to see if that helped; it didn't. 

Not it sure what they have done with all the resetting they did their end but now I can't get on demand at all, the engineer was stumped too

today I am intermittently loosing my signal completely and it keeps rebooting, though wasn't working at all for a few hours this morning much to the annoyance of my small person. 

Seems it it is not a hardware issue in my home, it's an external software issue which they are still investigating but the main expert in the quirky faults isn't in until Monday so today we have had an awful service.

its very odd, posting just in case someone else is having a similar issue

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps one for Second Line to take a more in-depth look at in a couple of days when the Forum Team work through the backlog.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stella10cat,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry that you are having a problem with the BBC iPlayer and On Demand service not being available on your TiVo®.

Has this been resolved for you now?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos