Menu
Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer

Just tried to watch Atlantis final episode on the iplayer this morning and it just keeps stopping whilst it buffers, why is this happening when the status says there are no tv problems?

Also why is it taking the menu guide so long to load up these days?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer

Hi there Cylinderman, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to watch shows on iPlayer. I've done some testing from our end and can not see any reason for this. 

Can I ask if you have been able to try this again since this time on Saturday morning, as it may well have been that the network was rather busy at that time. 

Also were you attempting to watch Atlantis in HD or SD

Please let me know

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Cylinderman
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw_B managed to watch it a few days later thanks in HD, but I am finding that everything seems to take ages to load up even "My recorded shows"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cylinderman

Thanks for getting back to us on this and I'm sorry you are still having some issues with your TiVo® service.

Like Huw I've run some checks and it's all looking good our end.  Could you let me know if it is just the 'My recorded shows' that is loading slowly or is this affecting any other functions on your service?  Eg channel changes, menu options etc.

It would also be great if you could give the box a reboot as I can see it was last done  just over a week ago.  This may help resolve some of the lagging issues you have been having.  You can reboot your TiVo® box by holding down the standby button on the left for 30 seconds.  The lights on the front of the box will flash and change colour when this is done and you can let this go.  The TiVo® box will restart and it would be great if you can check the service again once this has been actioned.

Please let me know how you get on with this and if there were any other issues you have noticed.  It will determine whether or not it's going to be necessary to send an engineer out on your behalf so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos