Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BBC Olympics Red Button coverage

The BBC have announced that 16 EPG slots will be used for Red Button Olympics coverage on satellite & cable this year. A total of 8 streams will be available in both SD & HD.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/entries/ae61c0a5-ad0b-4d57-a693-3ef9d90e3403

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Olympics Red Button coverage

Slightly off topic but Freeview viewers are going to have fun with the re-tune and sorting out their series links (especially those that may lose CBBC HD, CBeebies HD and BBC Four HD entirely).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The BBC Olympics 8 Red Button streams are now live:

In HD on channels 561 - 568

In SD on channels 571 - 578

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For some reason BBC Olympics 3 HD has the Virgin Media watermark in the bottom right hand corner that you normally see on the Sky Sports channels.  I'm assuming that this is a mistake as I wouldn't expect to see this on a BBC channel.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not there on channel 563 on my TiVo.

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

Not there on channel 563 on my TiVo.

I just checked mine again and it's still there.  It's not really much of a problem as it's out of the way, but just seemed a bit odd that it's only on one of the channels.

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It does seem odd.  My Tivo is the same as @Ernie_C (the only watermark is the BBC Sport and the 5 rings in top RH corner).

Just a bit confused as to why channels 561/567 are all running (showing the BBC trailer on a loop), but channel 568 is not currently broadcasting.

Why just 7 of them and not all 8?  Sure it will all start working when needed to.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Argy wrote:

It does seem odd.  My Tivo is the same as @Ernie_C (the only watermark is the BBC Sport and the 5 rings in top RH corner).

It's still there in the bottom right hand corner on mine, but only on 563

Argy wrote:

Just a bit confused as to why channels 561/567 are all running (showing the BBC trailer on a loop), but channel 568 is not currently broadcasting.

Why just 7 of them and not all 8?  Sure it will all start working when needed to.

The eighth channel time shares with CBeebies, so is only available after 7PM.

Argy
Rising star
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Argy wrote:

Ahh.

Thanks.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Argy wrote:

Not quite. RB8 on cable & satellite is a duplicate of RB0 in Freeview, which is the existing 24 hour RB channel available to all Freeview customers. It is RB1 on Freeview that is timesharing with CBeebies SD.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos