Menu
penwortham
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Available channels if I move to Virgin

I am considering leaving Sky and moving to Virgin as I have virgin internet already. When I looked at the website, however, I find some of it confusing as to what exactly I get on a multiroom subscription. I did call customer services but the person I spoke to didn't sound like she really knew, nothing she said filled me with any confidence, made me an offer that was way higher than anything on the upgrade page online, so I hung up after being put on hold for an eternity.

These are my simple requirements. Currently, I have the full Sky package, including movies and sports, with multiroom, so everything available in one room is available in the other.

When I looked at the Virgin site, however, not every channel appears available as multiroom. For instance, Sky Sports 5 HD nor any of the BT sports channels appear in the drop-down multiroom section.

So is it that if I switch to Virgin, not everything is available in both rooms?

0 Kudos
praxis
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Available channels if I move to Virgin

As far as I can see with the page shown in the link below you have say XL package for TV all channels available on main room TV are available on second box.Call 150 choose TV option explain you are interested but only if both boxes show same channels. See what they say
https://my.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/ways-to-watch/multi-room
0 Kudos
penwortham
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the link.

From reading it again, I think the distinction is between multiroom streaming and multiroom, the former being where you can stream it to a different room as opposed to just being able to watch it something else.

As informative as it is, it is a bit hard sometimes to work out exactly what you need!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its streaming recordings between TiVO boxes on the same account, which is nothing to do with Multiroom live channels. The streamed live channels are fed independently to both boxes, just as with Sky Multiroom all the boxes are fed from the dish.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All you need is an additional set top box from Virgin to achieve multi room.

The box is either a VHD box (non recordable) or an additional TiVo. Prices are an additional £6.50 / month and £11.50 /month respectively. For this you will get the same channels on all set top boxes.

Multi room streaming is where only certain channels are available to stream previously recorded content from one TiVo to another.
0 Kudos