Menu
SirAGFC
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Audio Sync and frame rate drops

I have just bought a Samsung H6400 Smart TV and I'm noticing issues with the audio being out of sync.  It's not on every channel or all the time so i'm fairly sure it's not the TV at fault and I have a suspicion that it's live broadcasts that are the worst.

I have also noticed on few occasions watching a football match that for a second or two the picture will lag quite badly, it looks like the frame rate momentarily drops to a single digit.

I'd really appreciate some advice before I resort to sending the TV back and replacing it with another brand that might not have these issues with virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio Sync and frame rate drops

Hi SirAGFC

Sorry to hear about the problems with your new TV, that's not what anyone wants!

Did you have the set top box plugged into a TV before you purchased the new one? If so, how did that work? Were you using the same set up / cables if it worked well?

As for the TV itself, it might be worth checking it's got the latest firmware installed, if it's been kept safe in the stock room for a little while it could be out of date.

I'd also like to check your TV signal from our end just to be sure, to allow me to do so, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information. You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Nice choice of TV by the way! 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey SirAGFC

Thanks for sending me your information, I've been able to test the set top box from our end and I can see that there's an issue affecting your service. 

The fault includes TiVo® services that are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. Reference F003569100. The review date for this issue has been set for September 2nd. 

Although if you did not experience this problem with your previous TV, then it could be the firmware or another setting that needs updating on the TV itself.

I'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SirAGFC
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for update, Graig.

By 'review date' do you mean an engineer coming to the house?  

I updated the firmware of the TV the day it arrived so shouldn't be the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey SirAGFC

The review date is when the team in your area will re-evaluate the issue, in order to see if it's possible to close. If it's not, then it'll likely be escalated, although I'm confident the team are going to get this resolved Man Happy

Let me know how it goes, if the 2nd September goes by and you're still seeing issues with the service, give me a shout and I'll take another look right away.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos
SirAGFC
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks Graig.
0 Kudos