Menu
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ash vs The Evil Dead HD Picture Quality is Poor

When watching these in HD, the picture has tiny skips every 10 seconds or so.  Has been on each episode so far.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ash vs The Evil Dead HD Picture Quality is Poor

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing skipping on the Evil Dead HD.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have tested in the office and all seems to work fine here at the moment.  I've tried a few different episodes and all are ok in HD.  Have you tried the SD version to see if the same happens?

Also have you tried any other programme via On Demand to see fi this happens?

If you can let me know I can check this further for you.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I've tried it in SD and it's mostly ok.  To be honest the picture quality is exactly the same as supposed HD.  I do not experience these tiny skips on other On Demand.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Shugg, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know. I've done some double checking on things and can see no reason at all for this. 

I've checked the TiVo® to see if there were any hard drive issues, and all is reporting as spot on, there are no power level issues, I've also checked the local network to ensure that there were no local bandwidth issues. 

Could you let me know if the HD picture was poor on all episodes, or is it just the odd episode?

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I haven't watched all of them yet, but eps 1-4 have these small jumps. Ep 5 seems to be ok. On ep 4 around the 1 min mark, immediately before the titles come up, there are jumps as the camera zooms in.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for giving me a specific there Shugg, 

I've just watched the first few minutes of Episode 4 in HD, and I have to say that I did not notice any drops or defects in picture at all. 

On a side note, I can't believe I've not yet watched this, perhaps I'll pick it up this week before the return of "The Walking Dead" next week Smiley Happy 

As I'm unable to find a reason why this would be affecting you in such a way I've sent a mail to someone higher up requesting some further support on this. As soon as I hear anything further, I'll let you know. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ta.  Not just The Walking Dead, we've got The X Files on Mondays as well.  Life's too short.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Don't even start on the X Files, I recorded that last night and doubt I'll have time to watch it before the weekend Smiley Happy 

I do try not to get into many new shows as it does fill up my time - however as you can tell, I fail miserably at this Smiley Happy

Huw 

0 Kudos
Shugg
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Watched ep 5 in HD last night, skipping all the way through.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for the update, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're still getting issues with this, I can see that previously you've said that Ep 5 was playing Ok, however when you watched it again last Thursday it was skipping, were both of these attempts in HD. As if they were it would suggest that it isn't a problem with the actual file that we have uploaded locally, it would point more to an individual issue. 

I'm still investigating this for you, however am finding it really difficult to replicate the issue. I've tried running further testing on your set top box, and am still not seeing any issues. Are you watching these shows at certain times, if so if you can give me a ball park sort of time, so I can arrange for someone to run some testing at roughly the same time. 

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos