Menu
greg_gilski
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ash Vs Evil Dead

Hi, tried to watch Ash Vs Evil Dead today, but the audio is awful, only STEREO, no DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 or DTS 5.1???? Also no subtitles?? Good attempt to bring EXCLUSIVE to VM TV.

Tags (1)
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ash Vs Evil Dead

I was dead excited too. The audio has been downmixed really badly. Totally unwatchable!!!

I turned off the 1st episode when the cops walked into the house. You could tell it was supposed to be like the scene from evil dead 2 when Ash goes nuts and the sound gets thrown around the speakers. Instead we we're treated to extremely quiet muffled audio and barely audible dialogue.

Nice one Virgin Media you have failed to deliver Ash vs Evil Dead the same way you fail to deliver broadband services well done!!!

0 Kudos
DrewDude
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Its terrible isn't it.  Almost unwatchable.  The sounds just gets louder and quieter almost randomly.  If that's the best that's on offer then you might as well pull. it.  So disappointing.

Andy

0 Kudos
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any chance a a member from the forum team can let us know when it's going to fixed?

0 Kudos
Balveda
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The volume issues seem to be fixed now, thanks Virgin.

Just one thing though, it is only in stereo, not 5.1 Dolby Digital... is this normal for On Deman TV shows? Ash vs Evil Dead is the first programme i've watched on it...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you're experiencing, I can confirm that the audio issues have since been resolved, so I hope this means you're seeing an improvement with the sound?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fatalexception
Superfast
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Craig is it in 5.1 now? If it isn't is going to be in 5.1?

0 Kudos
gward
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey Virginmedia!

Ash vs Evil Dead ep10 is only available in HD...all the other episodes have been available in both formats. I am not subscribed apparently to watch it in HD! Is this just a soon to be corrected oversight and it will soon be available in standard format...I really hope so!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
maxdamage007
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue here. Enjoyed this series and cannot believe it is now sayinh all HD even on the non HD links on the TIVO box. I hope it is just a glitch but would like someone from Virgin to let people know

0 Kudos
gward
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

...Actually just found that if you go to on demand/tv then M+ and look for it there the non HD version can be found! Searching for it only brings up the HD version! Phew.
0 Kudos