Menu
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Area 01 Fault Ref F005123916 - No TV and Internet

Last night at around 11:45 my internet and TV services stopped functioning.

It turns out that there is a fault logged in the area, but the estimated fix time keeps changing. It is currently 11:30pm.

Is someone from Virgin Media able to confirm more details of this fault please as I'm curious. I don't mind tech speak!

Thanks in advance
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 01 Fault Ref F005123916 - No TV and Internet

Hi backtothefuture,

Apologies for your loss of service, and sorry too that we didn't reach you earlier. Fault ref: F005123916 was fixed on 02/03/2017 after a cable break was repaired. I have just checked and your Hub is reporting as being online and with no fault/errors present.

Please confirm that everything is now working well, or not as the case may be Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, everything came back up after the fault was repaired.  Out of interest had someone dug through the cable ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I honestly don't know. I know that we have had previous instances of roads being dug up by other services and accidentally severing our cables but there's no mention of what or who may have caused this fibre break. 

Let's hope it doesn't happen again any time soon Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos