Menu
fishoutaswater
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Appalling service, loss of media services, slow broadband

I have had Virgin Media/Broadband and telephone since 19th November since then I have had repeated issues with internet speed, access to BBC i-player and "On-Demand",  iplayer has gone down twice today and On-Demand 3 times, I have spent over 2-1/2 hours listening to potted music and customer service staff who do not have anything to offer apart from "We will put you in touch with 2nd line support" only for the line to time out while waiting for the connection to the fabled 2nd Line team. I will seriously be considering returning to BT and Sky once my contract is up. I will live with tthe downgrade to 60Mb/sec in broadband because at this time Virgin's flagship 200Mb service on occasion delivers less than 34Mb/sec. Any one else have the same experience? Any idea on how the appalling level of service and reliability delivered by Virgin could be made to go viral so they at least take notice!

0 Kudos
manamaga
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling service, loss of media services, slow broadband

You don't need to wait until your contract is up.  Check out money saving expert website, I saw Martin Lewis get someone out of their contract due to them not consistently getting the service to which they signed up.

I have just learned that I have lost three channels because they have been repacked to another package, yet my VM bill has gone up twice in the last 12 months.  Also, I'm consistently getting less than half of my 'upto' broadband speed having carried out tests at various times of the day for the past week.  Not good, I wander how many people would be willing to take this to BBC Watchdog?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling service, loss of media services, slow broadband

Hi fishoutaswater, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. it's nice having a new face on board with us. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your services. Since posting, how have things been? 

Are you still experiencing the same issues with the On Demand and iPlayer service? 

With regards to the broadband, how are you connecting? If wireless, do you get the same speeds when connecting directly via an ethernet cable?

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos