Menu
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Appalling service, channels missing, help please?

Last week I received a call from a Virfin employee offering me a discounted sky sports subscription(£10 a month for 9 months)

I accepted this offer and was told that this would be emailed to me for confirmation, only to find all weekend that I have no access to any of the channels.

After 15 minutes on the phone this morning I'm told there's no record of that change on my account (I never did get that email confirmation...) and I'd be transferred to '2nd line support', only to be cut off the phone completely.

Can someone please help? I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than spend another 15 minutes on hold and trying to explain the situation again.

Not being funny, but if I'm going to get cold calls trying to up sell me things I didn't sign up for, then the absolute least courtesy is that you can actually sort out the admin at your end when I accept your proposal to take even more of my cash!

Not impressed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling service, channels missing, help please?

Hi Bristol86

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and can see that you've been able to speak with a member of the team about chasing this up.

I am sorry about the inconvenience this has caused and we'd love to hear how it turns out.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BRISTOL86
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You and me both, Craig, but I'm none the wiser either.

Almost an hour on the web chat with one of the most inept customer service people I've ever spoken with, led only to him offering to add Sky Sports to my account for 'just' double the offer price of £20(!)

This was only arrived at after 45 minutes on with him, whereby he would frequently go dark for over ten minutes at a time and then get shirty with me for having the cheek to ask if he was still there.

A complaint directly into the CEO was met with the promise of a call from someone to resolve the issue and here I am a week later still waiting for the promised call.

Inept in every way and if it wasn't for the fact that VM clearly couldn't cope with the admin, and it'd be me left picking up the pieces - I'd cancel my direct debit and take my business back to Sky.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bristol86

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience you're experiencing.

I've been able to take another look at your account and can see someone has tried to give you a call a little earlier today, there was no voicemail facility so they'll be trying to get in touch again soon.

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BRISTOL86 wrote:
Last week I received a call from a Virgin employee offering me a discounted sky sports subscription(£10 a month for 9 months).

Did you get it for £10/month?
0 Kudos