Menu
Kyrocera
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

American Horror Story show window too short - please fix

For the last 2 week American Horror Story on FOX HD has cut off at the end of the episode before the episode has ended.

I have my recordings extended by 2 mins as per my default for series links but that makes no difference if the window the show has been given is too short to start with.

Do you plan on updating this or do I have to extend the recording by half an hour just so I can record the shows I want?

So you know the timings to edit the show window

The show is 1hr 10mins long (with no advert breaks)

Thanks

-Kyro-

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: American Horror Story show window too short - please fix

Best advice is to pad the end of programmes out to 5 minutes, That deals with most eventualities. To be honest its not a Virgin problem. If the clocks on the boxes are accurate, which they are, then it is up to the broadcaster to keep to their scheduled times. You will find some are better than others. The BBC went through a phase of starting programmes 1 to 2 minutes early. Thankfully they have now ceased this practice.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Kyrocera
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

I assumed you guys did the programming of show windows etc..

5mins wont cut it, the show cut off with 20minutes left

Ill just record the program straight after it instead.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If the EPG is actually showing the wrong times, then a member of Virgin's Forum Team should respond shortly & follow this up for you.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps it's Fox who need to provide the correct times? All repeats on Sky are scheduled for an hour as well.

0 Kudos