Menu
maphisto2000
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

American Horror Story - Hotel ep.2

Series link only recorded the first hour of the above this week not the full 1hr 20 (1hr episode with ads). Tried to watch the end of the episode on demand but when you select to play ep.2 it actually plays ep.1.

Any chance this could be looked into?

Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: American Horror Story - Hotel ep.2

Hi there Maphisto2000, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been having trouble catching up with the recent check-ins at the Hotel Cortez, I've just tested this on our test box and both episodes 1 and 2 are playing correctly here, so hopefully you'll see the same your end. 

Should you still be experiencing an issue, please let me know the path that you take to get to the show. 

Having been a fan of the AHS series since the beginning I totally understand how frustrating this must be for you. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
maphisto2000
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Episode 2 is now playing correctly via on demand, but unfortunately last night's episode 3 once again has only recorded the first 1hr of the show via Series link. Is there a solution or work around for this (Other than to watch it when broadcast)?

Episode 3 isn't available on demand yet, but I'm guessing it will be at some point today?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

Thank you for getting back to me on this, I'm glad to hear that Episode 2 is now playing correctly for you. With regards to last night's episode, I've done some checking on the Fox website, and episode 3 is only listed as being on between 10pm and 11pm, so this would only be an hour long including adverts, which in my experience is about right for AHS. 

I don't recall episode 2 being over the hour, but there again I get so engrossed that maybe it was. 

On demand shows will normally go live on our service within 24 hours, so please let me know if you still have trouble with this tomorrow and I can chase it up for you. (and please no spoilers as I've not personally watched episode 3 Smiley Happy

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
maphisto2000
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Weird. Perhaps it was only episode 2 that ran to 68 minutes rather than the usual 60.

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

American Horror Story does have a few episodes that run over an hour. I'd forgotten about this when I set up the series link. Thanks for the reminder. I have now extended the recording time to catch the end of the episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

last nights was only 1 hour

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And yet my recording missed the end.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Just an update here,

Episode 3 is available, I discovered this afternoon when looking, it does appear as the HD version is not present at the moment, so I've passed the details on so this can be investigated. 

If you take the following path on your TiVo® you'll find the SD version

Home > On Demand > TV > On demand for XL > By Channel > Fox >

I've also made the team aware that Episode 2 of this series plays for 1 hour and 8 minutes, rather than the 1 hour that is stated in the menu, the full episode plays so shouldn't be an issue. 

I have to say, after watching episode 3 earlier, this season is starting to grow on me a little, I wasn't too sure with episode 1 and 2, thought they were a bit all over the place, though I am missing Jessica Lange Smiley Happy

Cheers

P.S. With regards to series links and missing the end, the EPG sets the time for recordings, so if we receive information that the show is for one hour, then this is the reason why it will go astray. I'd suggest putting a 10 or 15 minute buffer on the end, just in case it does go past the allotted time that we were given. 

0 Kudos
brownowl58
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TiVO novice here. ...how can we extend the recordings. ....I thought the max was 4 mins? Thanks
0 Kudos