Menu
cinnywen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

All Sky Sports Channels (signal breakup and pixelation)

Hi,

I first noticed this problems early this evening (05th May) all my Sky Sports related channels have sound issues and heavy picture pixilation, I have tested other non sky sports channels and they are fine (BT Sport & Euro sport included), I have phoned a few friends that also are on Virgin media and subscribe to Sky Sports and they are not having any issues.

Please can someone look into this as the channels are un-watchable!

0 Kudos
apacketofsweets
Rising star
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: All Sky Sports Channels (signal breakup and pixelation)

Sky Sports tend to run on a different frequency as they also carry Red Button data on the back-end, so you probably won't get any pixalation on any other channels apart from perhaps Boomerang, who carry similar data.

The levels on your tuner(s) are probably peaking at certain frequencies. Have you tried rebooting the box?

Failing that, I'll hazard a guess that you'll need a technician visit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media, all posts here are my own views, written in my own time. My advice should not be taken as gospel, I could be wrong. Please don't PM me if you require an official VM reponse.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi cinnywen,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sky channels.

I have taken a look at your account and can confirm that your box is bringing up issues with Power levels. On another box you are having issues with the SNR levels so i'll get an engineer out to look at both boxes at the same time Smiley Happy

I have sent you a Private message to get things moving.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Graemereaper
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, but it's currently only on Sky Sports 1 HD.  All other HD channels are fine (well, Watch HD has always had picture breakup from the start Smiley Sad).  Even Sky Sports 2 HD is fine.  I called the Virgin Technical Support Team last week and the operator didn't inspire confidence at all.  She said it would be fixed within 2-24 hours, even though she didn't seem to know what was wrong.  I think she was clutching at straws.

I'm not happy as this has been going on for around 2 weeks now and it's spoiling my enjoyment of what is the business end of the football season.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hello Graemereaper,

I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues on this channel. I was able to locate your account by using your forum credentials and have run some testing on the box and can see some issues with power levels, so I would like to arrange an engineer to visit and take a look at things for you. 

I will send you a Private Message so we can get the ball moving for you. If you look to the top left of this page you will see an envelope Icon, should you click on that you will see the message I sent you.

Thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
foxybruce
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My Sky Sports 1 HD has been blocking / pixelating for some time now and it's so frustrating and unwatchable. This is on our TiVo box...

Please can someone help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi foxybruce,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear your Sky Sports 1 HD channel isn't of good quality. I appreciate this is frustrating.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests on your TiVo® box. The signal levels are fine and within range so I'm not able to detect a fault remotely. I'd need to arrange for an engineer to investigate in more detail.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi foxybruce,

Thanks for your private message.

I can confirm I've booked an engineer for you to attend the property and investigate things further for you. Full details are in my reply to you.

Please post back to let me know how it all went.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
chelsbun
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I too seem to be having this problem, only on Sky Sports but not always, seems to be during the bigger football matches. Can someone help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi chelsbun,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your sports viewing is being disrupted with a poor picture.  I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and there is an issue with the input levels and downstream power level.  I would like to arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

I will send the details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos