Menu
Ju55y
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Advise needed V+ HD Box Picture in other rooms?

Hi guys 

I bought a Nikkai HQ Phono video sender from maplin  http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/nikkai-58ghz-phono-video-sender-kit-a86kh   the picture was supposed to be of high quality but was really bad & I was only using from 6 meters away tops??

Can you advise what would be best from these options below?

1.  Use HDMI splitter behind the V+ box and connect the other TV with long HDMI cable..?

or

2.  should i get a cheap V+ HD Box with card off ebay and connect it to the V+ HD box cable using a splitter & feed the wire to a new box in the other room?  

or would you advise any other method as long as its not too expensive??

Thanks 

Jussy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Advise needed V+ HD Box Picture in other rooms?

1) Definately yes, as long as the splitter is HDCP compliant.

2) Definately no. The boxes & cards on eBay are being sold illegally. Virgin boxes can only be rented, & only ones supplied directly to you by Virgin will work. Not to mention that making unauthorised alterations to Virgins coax network cabling could also have serious consequences.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Advise needed V+ HD Box Picture in other rooms?

1) Definately yes, as long as the splitter is HDCP compliant.

2) Definately no. The boxes & cards on eBay are being sold illegally. Virgin boxes can only be rented, & only ones supplied directly to you by Virgin will work. Not to mention that making unauthorised alterations to Virgins coax network cabling could also have serious consequences.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile