Menu
Rona286
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Advice for hearing aid wearer please.

I am hearing impaired and have a device that plugs into tv via audio out socket and streams sound directly into hearing aids. Works well except when I have volume up, I then get two sets of sounds that are microseconds apart, one from streamer and other from tv speakers, resulting in a distorted echo sound. I could keep sound down but that's not fair for others watching the tv! I have been told that I should plug streamer directl into box. Unfortunately my box doesn't have the red & white audio out sockets. Any advice please?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advice for hearing aid wearer please.

I think the problem you have in general is that sending something over wireless is always going to be slightly out from what is coming direct from the TV. This is due to the time it takes to convert the audio to a wireless signal and then back again.

If you are having problems, then I don't think changing the source of the audio would change it that much.

Normally I'd ask about the hardware as there could be other options. But I've personally no experience with hearing aid systems so wouldn't be able to understand what your current kit is like. Maybe someone else on here can give some other options.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos