Menu
tc123
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Adding new channels

Anyone else stunned by the cost of adding channels, sports in particular, for short periods with Virgin???? My package in November £38.99 plus call costs £44.50.            My bill in on 29th December after adding BT and Sky Sports for the festive period ....£148.00.....effectively costing me £104 for December sports viewing!!!! 

Shoddy at best, appalling and disgusting at worst. Only been a customer for 15 years so I can see their trepidation at taking on an unknown quantity in me. 

Also getting 20mb of advised 70mb albeit only with Wireless..... 

.....paying £3.49 extra as of January for the privilege, this on top of 2 price rises in consecutive years. Got to hand it to Virgin 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding new channels

Virgin Media bill in advance for all customers. This means that whenever you make changes to your services, your bill includes charges from the date you made the change through to the end of the next billing period.

So depending when you made the change, this can be anywhere up to two months of charges for the change.

If or when you remove services, you receive a credit to the next available bill for any unused period of charges for those services.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
tc123
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ahhhh,!!!, that explains everything, I should've known that my priviledge of being one of your customers was to pay fortunes for watching a premium channel tv in my own home. A fortnight in Spain costs less mate

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

thats a bit harsh, Ben was only trying to help explain its not his fault what virgin charge. If you can't afford it cancel.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also, a lot of the premium channels have their wholesale pricing set by the broadcaster providing them. The profit margin for Virgin is very small on these.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
tc123
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Point taken, although I have to say I didn't think I was that harsh
0 Kudos
tc123
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

... Understand that, all the same, it is quite a hike in cost for such a short period of time
0 Kudos
gus0898uk
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I was thinking of adding the Sky Sports package for 30-40 days, I have seen two prices one from £19 the other £29.25? am I best calling CS for the best deal?

TIA

0 Kudos
tc123
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Whatever you do, just make sure you understand what you are paying for. As another contributor had alluded to, you are charged 50 % on top in advance, this would be included in your current bill.....I'd call them to clarify what you are getting and why you are getting charged the amount on your bill. Good luck⚽️
0 Kudos
gus0898uk
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have taken out the Sky Sports package at £29+, I intend to have this for about 6 weeks. It was all automated to sign up but I am sure the message said I have to give 30 days notice where it used to be that you had to have the service for 31 days then could terminate immediately.

I will have to check up on that, anyway looking forward to some Big Bash in the morning. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos