Menu
Roderick1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Activating Virgin on Panasonic Smart TV

I have just purchased a panasonic smart tv. It is working but I have three problems that I need to resolve:

My wifi will not connect.

I have just purchased a HDMI cable but the fitting does not fit into the tivo box? Is this normal?

I cannot use my virgin  remote control?

Any suggestions for the never helpful virgin team?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activating Virgin on Panasonic Smart TV

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My father bought a Panasonic TX-32CS510B last week. I had the WiFi set up within about a minute & it was very simple. I didn't find the eHelp much use. When you go into network settings, I found his set searched automatically for WiFi connections. I just selected his SSID from the list (from the label on his Superhub). Selecting this then gives you a password box, where I entered to password I had set up on the hub, but if you have not set your own then the one on the hubs label is the one you use.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you correctly set your TV up to use a wifi connection and given it the SSID and passphrase for your Superhub?

Your TiVo has an HDMI socket so you should be able to connect it to your TV with the HDMI cable.

Have you setup your TiVo remote to operate your TV's volume and standby?

0 Kudos
Roderick1
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you correctly set your TV up to use a wifi connection and given it the SSID and passphrase for your Superhub? Hello ernie can you tell me how to do this please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The answer to that question will be in your TV's instruction manual and you get the SSID and passphrase from the label on your Superhub. Your TV may even have a process called WPS to connect it to your Superhub without having to input the SSID and passphrase.

If you can supply the make and model of your TV, I'm sure I or another community member can look up the manual to advise you further.

0 Kudos
Roderick1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

are people that helpful? panasonic tx-40cs520b

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had a quick look at the manual for your TV. It is not very copious as your TV has an eHelp function.

When you first installed the TV, you would have performed an Auto Setup, part of which would have been to set up the network connection.

With the eHelp function, you should be able to review your network connection and make sure it knows your Superhub SSID and passphrase.

Just press the ? Button on your TV remote, this is the eHelp button and it should guide you, I think.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My father bought a Panasonic TX-32CS510B last week. I had the WiFi set up within about a minute & it was very simple. I didn't find the eHelp much use. When you go into network settings, I found his set searched automatically for WiFi connections. I just selected his SSID from the list (from the label on his Superhub). Selecting this then gives you a password box, where I entered to password I had set up on the hub, but if you have not set your own then the one on the hubs label is the one you use.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile