Menu
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

AVAILABLE PACKAGES

Why can't we see what packages are available  on Virgins website and what the prices are for the different packages.  I have tried to speak to people on the 'phone but they do not speak the Queen's English and it is absolutely impossible to make them understand what I am trying to say.  We should be able to read about the packages and find the one we want and see what the price is.  I already have Broadband and home 'phone for which I pay £43 per month, I just want to find out what else is on offer by Virgin but all I keep getting when I click on Packages is 'please ring us as we cannot amend your packages online '. I do NOT want to amend my package until I can see it written down in Black and White, then, when I have made my decision, I will ring Virgin and tell them what I want.  It is difficult speaking to someone who has a poor command of the English language and does not understand a word I am saying then tells me they are sorry they cannot help me at the moment and to ring back another time.  What kind of service is that. For god's sake, get someone who can speak English otherwise I am going to Sky. I can get Sky for a year for everything for the price I am paying for 'phone and internet.

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: AVAILABLE PACKAGES

Two options.

You can:

A) Go onto VM's main website. All the deals available to New Customers are available to existing customers, minus the introductory joining discount.

B) Pickup the phone & talk to Retentions (150 option 4 then 5). The call centre is UK based (unlike sales) & they also can offer deals not available via any other means. You can contact them from 8 till 8 Mon - Fri & 9 til 6 on Saturday.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Two options.

You can:

A) Go onto VM's main website. All the deals available to New Customers are available to existing customers, minus the introductory joining discount.

B) Pickup the phone & talk to Retentions (150 option 4 then 5). The call centre is UK based (unlike sales) & they also can offer deals not available via any other means. You can contact them from 8 till 8 Mon - Fri & 9 til 6 on Saturday.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

hampshire_hog1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sweetthing wrote:

Why can't we see what packages are available  on Virgins website and what the prices are for the different packages.  I have tried to speak to people on the 'phone but they do not speak the Queen's English and it is absolutely impossible to make them understand what I am trying to say.  We should be able to read about the packages and find the one we want and see what the price is.  I already have Broadband and home 'phone for which I pay £43 per month, I just want to find out what else is on offer by Virgin but all I keep getting when I click on Packages is 'please ring us as we cannot amend your packages online '. I do NOT want to amend my package until I can see it written down in Black and White, then, when I have made my decision, I will ring Virgin and tell them what I want.  It is difficult speaking to someone who has a poor command of the English language and does not understand a word I am saying then tells me they are sorry they cannot help me at the moment and to ring back another time.  What kind of service is that. For god's sake, get someone who can speak English otherwise I am going to Sky. I can get Sky for a year for everything for the price I am paying for 'phone and internet.

I agree with your comments as I too am experiencing similar issues in not being able to find the necessary upgrade details to fit my requirements.  I am currently reviewing my Virgin Media options and am considering the TV route.  All I want to know is how to choose Sky Sports  ONLY + Basic package.  Where the hell does one find this.

0 Kudos
admars
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know, it's annoying isn't it, I think before I had to email some-one to ask exactly how I bill was worked out as I couldn't see what proportion was for TV, bb, phone. I said I wanted to remove Tv as freeview was fine for my needs, but was told I actually saved money by having the smallest M+ TV package (V+ HD) as I got money off my bill by taking all 3 rather than just phone and bb.

had V+ HD box replaced last week, and replacement has gone wrong, so again i thought i'd look at the tv options, but it's just a mess trying to work out how what I have now compares to what I can get. likewise my bb is 70, so do i go down to 50 or up to 100?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

thank you for your messages, I'm sorry that the prices weren't there when you needed. As previously mentioned by Nodrogd, calling in is certainly an option and also you can try out Online Chat and talk through any packages that you wish to have Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
admars
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think you're missing the point.

the point is that it's impossible to find out what you're actually paying for, and you  have to go out of your way to find out what you could/should be getting for the same amount of money or less.

it's on ongoing complaint though isn't by existing customers, like insurance companies, loyalty isn't rewarded, new customers get the best deals and offers, you have to jump through hoops and go to retentions if you want a "deala"

thelion
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I remember the good old days when you could make your own package say basic phone package and basic tv package but with the fastest broadband

0 Kudos