Menu
Stevebowie62
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

AP52 Error Code

We have recently had an extension completed which meant our second  VHD Box  was disconnected. It is now switched on and it boots up to stop at a message AP52, despite trying various resets and switching on and off etc.

The other one is fine, so it can't be an area fault and the 'status' page on here says there are no area faults anyway 

Any suggestions - I would SO like not to call customer services!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: AP52 Error Code

Its liable the prolonged disconnection has resulted in the box missing updates that keep it operable. Either give customer services a call on 150 from your Virgin phone, or wait here for a response from the forum team, which might not be until next week.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
EightBall
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think it's quite likely that the cable has become damaged or is not plugged in some how.

What does it look like down the back of the box? Just a cable coming from a wall mounted isolator?

Are you able to trace the cable back to the source? Could be damaged due to the work going on.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

EightBall wrote:

I think it's quite likely that the cable has become damaged or is not plugged in some how.

Sort of - the boxes are intended to be on and connected to the network all the time. If they're not connected for an extended period (say during a renovation), then they're disabled and prevented from accessing the network so that they can't be sold on and used elsewhere.

If you still have an active account with VM, then a short call (or using the online chat) will get it reactivated and permit it to connect again.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Stevebowie62,

Welcome to the community.

I have located your account and I can see a technician has visited regarding this so please let me know if you require any further help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stevebowie62
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks nodrogd - called 150 and engineer has been.
0 Kudos
Stevebowie62
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Eightball - Engineer has been - the wires have been damaged during the work.
0 Kudos
Stevebowie62
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks PrinterElf - VM Tech has visited and wires damaged.
0 Kudos
Stevebowie62
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Yes the Technician has been and told us that there is no connection  coming through the wire and appears that the wire is not connected to VM.  

We do not have connectivity to our second box and have been told to play with wires in the loft otherwise just don't use the box.

Steve

0 Kudos