Menu
ajvega
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

AMC UK

Just a quick question . When it says AMC UK will be an exclusive to BT customers in September does that mean they 100% will not be doing a deal with Virgin or anyone else?. I'm  interested in watching Fear the Walking Dead . I'f anyone has heard anything let me know please Smiley Happy

AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @ 4.0GHz
Asus Crosshair IV Formula mobo
8gb Corsair XMS3 DDR 3
Corsair F60 60gb SSD (Operating)
Nvidia Gforce GTX 960
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: AMC UK

Does what it says on the tin. Exclusive means exclusive, ie. only on the quoted platform for the period of the current agreement between the parties concerned..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
8i6daddy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

From what I've read it looks as if it will be exclusively via BT's Youview boxes

0 Kudos
ajvega
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Well yeah but if you watch a BT Sport Europe advert it says that's exclusive to BT customers too so hence why it's always good to ask these things.. never know if anything is in the works.

AMD Phenom II 1090T x6 @ 4.0GHz
Asus Crosshair IV Formula mobo
8gb Corsair XMS3 DDR 3
Corsair F60 60gb SSD (Operating)
Nvidia Gforce GTX 960
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

ajvega wrote:

Well yeah but if you watch a BT Sport Europe advert it says that's exclusive to BT customers too so hence why it's always good to ask these things.. never know if anything is in the works.

Which is now wrong, & the ad will probably be pulled, as BT Sport Europe will now be available via VM. Outside of VM subscribers to the channel must be BT customers.

AMC UK will be platform exclusive & only be available to BT TV customers with Youview boxes, not satellite or cable customers.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

As long as the don't add it and charge another £3 per month

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Looks like the some of the articles released by the media are the ones that are misleading. AMC will be exclusive to BT customers on both BT TV's IPTV platform & BT via satellite. So it will depend if BT are prepared to wholesale to Virgin as to whether it is added.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I think people get confused what they see "exclusive to BT customers".

You do not need any BT telephone or internet service to be a 'BT Customer'.

But if you have none of the above but do subscribe to BT Sports on your Sky box  -   then you are a BT Customer.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
dartguru
Dialled in
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

bump this.

I've not seen anything that says VM customers will get access to the AMC UK channel.

So again we get the raw end of a deal and the spin-off of one of the most successful shows to come out of the US is only going to be viewed by one man and his dog.

How frustrating.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

We will not be getting it. As already stated, it will exclusive to BT customers. So AMC would be in breach of their agreement if they then wholesaled to another platform.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos