Menu
The_Fell_Guy
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

A full week of 319

Your website claims there are no issues in my area but we've seen nothing but 319 errors when trying to use on demand for a week!

I decide that I must say something as this is even lower than you usual standards and, on the phone, there's a message to acknowledge the issue.

Still no timescales or anything useful but a vague 'our engineers are investigating' message.

I get the impression that Virgin Media is someone's part time hobby, with the infrastructure held together with chewing gum and tape rather than a professional digital company. The true picture is certainly not how it was sold to me. Such a disappointment.

0 Kudos
MANDMS
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: A full week of 319

Hi

We are the same, live in the ME2 area, finally got through and they said the On Demand service wont be working till Nov 9th at earliest.. Considering we mainly watch boxsets in the evening, this is not acceptable.

I asked what they would remove off the bill, they said nothing as they are not the service provider for this and its out of there control..

I pointed out as I pay them, they are my service provider.... But as we know if its not in the script there customer support get confused.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello The_Fell_Guy,

I'm sorry to learn you're experiencing issues with the On Demand service and I would like to welcome you to the community.

We are having issues at the moment with error code 319 but this should only be affecting content from Channel 4 and Sky so are the programs you're trying to watch from these channels?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MANDMS
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I spoke to Customer services again last night (9th Nov) as thats when they said it would be back on, and it wasnt, they promised it be back on 10th Nov and I get a text... Guess what its still not on...

Considering Box sets and sports is all I watch it pretty much annoying paying for an incomplete service...

0 Kudos
The_Fell_Guy
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The service status here now says it will be resolved by the 17th. At this rate I'll be surprised if it happens this year.
0 Kudos
The_Fell_Guy
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ours here is now working again but still says will be resolved by 17th so worth a check.
I think Virgin have done themselves no favours with the way this has been handled, and I still feel that I was sold a pack of lies from the off.
My contact can't be over soon enough.

Anyway, I hope yours gets fixed (and stays fixed) too everyone. Onwards and upwards...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi The_Fell_Guy and MANDMS,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing a problem with your TiVo service.

Please let me know what channel(s) you are getting the 319 error on so that I can escalate this over to our technicians that are working on the fault. 

Most of the others report the problem on the Sky channels, Channel 4 or On Demand content, is this the same for you or are there other channels that display the 319 error?

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
The_Fell_Guy
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was the sky stuff we were blocked from watching. I don't know what else may have been blocked too as I was inspired to go do something else rather than watch TV. Thanks for that.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know. I've sent the details of this to our fault techs, who have been working on a resolution for this issue. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes. 

If you would like to track updates on this fault, please visit our Service Status page and put in your post code or telephone number to check for faults in your area and the fix estimated time frame. Please be aware that this is an estimated time frame, while we are working to resolve the issue as quickly as we can, complexities with the fault may cause the estimated fix time to be extended. 

Customers can also check their services by calling our automated faults service on 150 from their Virgin Media phone or call us free at 0800 561 0061 to hear the live service updates.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos