Menu
Dmcdmcd
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have an extra v+ box that I haven't used. I tried to start it today and it did its start up sequence but then the screen went blank and the front panel says 999. Any ideas?thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
dgxpert
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 999

999 isn't an error code, it's Virgin's Welcome/demo channel.

If you have the box connected via HDMI and are getting no output to your TV, power off the box, connect it via Scart cable, remove and re-insert the viewing card, power back on and try again.

If still no luck then it's possible the viewing card will have been deactivated due to the box not being used for a while in which case it's best to wait for the forum team to advise how to proceed.
0 Kudos

All Replies
dgxpert
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

999 isn't an error code, it's Virgin's Welcome/demo channel.

If you have the box connected via HDMI and are getting no output to your TV, power off the box, connect it via Scart cable, remove and re-insert the viewing card, power back on and try again.

If still no luck then it's possible the viewing card will have been deactivated due to the box not being used for a while in which case it's best to wait for the forum team to advise how to proceed.
0 Kudos
Dmcdmcd
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. I am using scart already so it looks like it might be the card. I'll await forum assistance. Cheers. David

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Be aware if you have used the box on the High Definition settings only the HDMI & VCR Scart outputs will work.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Dmcdmcd, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that your V+ box is giving you a hard time at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account, and have run some testing. I can see your V+ box is currently showing as offline, this may be down to the fault, or could be down to it being powered off.

Please let me know if your V+ box was powered on at the time of my post, if it wasn't, could you please power it back on and leave it powered on until we have gotten back to you after completing testing. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dmcdmcd
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Huw. Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for delay ...I've been away for a bit. Box is switched off .. I will go and switch it on now. Cheers. David

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi David, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, I've just run some testing and can see an issue which will require some signals to be sent down to your V+ box. 

I've just sent these so you may see it restarting. Once the box has loaded up again, could you please test some other channels and let me know how it all goes. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Dmcdmcd
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Huw. All ok now, although I had to move to scart lead to the VCR connector on the back of the box. Is that normal? Thanks. David

Huw_B wrote:

Hi David, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this, I've just run some testing and can see an issue which will require some signals to be sent down to your V+ box. 

I've just sent these so you may see it restarting. Once the box has loaded up again, could you please test some other channels and let me know how it all goes. 

Cheers

Huw

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dmcdmcd wrote:

Thanks Huw. All ok now, although I had to move to scart lead to the VCR connector on the back of the box. Is that normal? Thanks. David

See my post earlier in the thread.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dmcdmcd,

As nodrogd said, it may be that your output settings have changed in the box its self, so I'd suggest checking these out. 

If they are still set to HDMI try changing some of the settings to different ratios, and if you still you can't view through HDMI, I'd ask you to try another HDMI cable also different HDMI ports on your TV. If you still then have the same issue, then I'd have to look towards getting a technician out, as it could be the HDMI port on the V+ box is faulty.

Let me know how it all goes for you. 

Huw

0 Kudos