Menu
Justkerry
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

7402 message floating around on my screen

Hi,I now have a message floating around screen and can not watch TV. This appeared during my call last night to customer service as I had no catch up or on demand service and a 130 message.

To say I am not impressed is an understatement as I only had virgin installed on 22.7.16. 

Customer service told me it was possibly a problem in my area and they were working to fix over heated cables! Yet I see these code errors are common on here and felt better to try this route as I am already on the verge of cancelling my service.

They did book me an engineer visit for 3 days time, if it didnt resolve itself

Please help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 7402 message floating around on my screen

Justkerry,

Welcome to the Community, it's great to see a new face Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that there's been some problems with the TV services, I can see that the TV is going through a few issues that would need some attention. I can see that you've mentioned that there is an engineer booked to come out, can you tell me when this is happening, so I can be available to check up on the visit?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Justkerry
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

This issue has now gone as of today, when I phoned at 2030 25.7.16 I was told there was another fault reported in the area and other areas. It was down to be fixed by tomorrow.

It has meant that since being installed 22nd July I have only been able to use catch up today. Not a big issue but as a new customer very frustrated with customer services.

Is this usual only there seems to be more answers on here than when you phone?

Lets hope this has just all been a coincidence

Kerry

0 Kudos
Justkerry
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I realised you mentioned the engineer. He was cancelled yesterday by Virgin as they had found a problem and he wasn't needed.

I havent really had time to play around with the TV since it has started working properly and I now have catch up and on demand. I have checked they are working this afternoon though.

I have had no problems with the internet other than not being able to link my printer to the WiFi. I did do this Friday after connection with no problems but it must have dropped out as it went on and off a few times and since then it just isnt connecting. I was waiting for the fault to be fixed before I called about this. Could it be connected?

Kerry

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Justkerry,

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad that things are looking much better on the TV front and broadband Smiley Happy

As for the WiFi connecting to the printer, I'm not 100% savvy so you will have to excuse me while I try my best! Smiley Happy

Can you tell me what printer make you have, it's not something we usually support but I'd like to help if I can?

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Justkerry
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

I just gave it one more try and it seems it now works since the On Demand is back up and going!

Thanks for trying to help though

Kerry

0 Kudos