Menu
Silver2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

7 two channel

Hi everyone need some help please! Does anyone know if i could get channel 7 two on my virgin account. This channel is like a free view in Austrailia, Im wanting this channel to watch Home and away episodes i can'tget in England but shows on this channel in Aus, Any advice really appreiated thank you.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 7 two channel

Quick answer - not a chance unless the broadcaster could ever get an OFCOM licence for UK transmission and could reach a deal with VM for carriage. And think as well - how does the signal get to the UK from Australia unless by an expensive satellite up/down link which I suspect Channel 7 is not going to indulge in.

Let's be clear it doesn't matter if the channel is apparently free to air in the UK or any other country. The channel provider is paying the broadcaster for that privilege. VM is a closed cable system and as result a carriage deal needs to be done which works financially for both parties.

But all this is hypothetical really.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't know everything - I bet you'll find some way of streaming it over the net! But let me make this clear I would not advise doing anything which infringe the rights of the copyright holders.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quick answer - not a chance unless the broadcaster could ever get an OFCOM licence for UK transmission and could reach a deal with VM for carriage. And think as well - how does the signal get to the UK from Australia unless by an expensive satellite up/down link which I suspect Channel 7 is not going to indulge in.

Let's be clear it doesn't matter if the channel is apparently free to air in the UK or any other country. The channel provider is paying the broadcaster for that privilege. VM is a closed cable system and as result a carriage deal needs to be done which works financially for both parties.

But all this is hypothetical really.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Silver2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you i see what you mean! Wonder if they are available to buy fromm Austrailia?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I don't know everything - I bet you'll find some way of streaming it over the net! But let me make this clear I would not advise doing anything which infringe the rights of the copyright holders.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks