Menu
Rexyboy11
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

£5 Sky Movies

I received an email ages ago offer 1 month free Sky Movies which I opted to take up and the then Movies would stay on the account at £5 per month until I removed it which I thought was great.  I contacted Virgin to remove Sky Sports last summer.  I was then told that the Movie subscription was going to increase.  On asking why I was told at the moment I had some type of dual package with both Sports and Movies.  This is not what was offered in the marketing also there was no mention of the £5 Sky Movie subscription being reliant on having Sky Sports on my account.  After discussing it for ages I was finally given an email address to send to a manger which I did and have done at least 5 times since and have heard nothing back hence my attempt to get some resolution from the forum.

Has anyone else taken up a marketing offer to then find out Virgin move the goalpost and change things to suit themselves and increase clients charges?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: £5 Sky Movies

Hi Rexyboy11,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. Sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced regarding the offer for Sky Movies and that you were given an email address but haven't had any contact from us. 

Checking into this further, I can see that you have called in already and spoke to us about this and have been advised that the original offer was advertised as £7 Sky Movies taken in conjunction with Sky Sports. If you have documentation showing otherwise, please let us know so that we can get this sorted out for you.

If you would like to discuss this further, please give us a call back on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), get in touch via WebChat, or Contact Us >Something Else>Complaint>Email Us(online form).

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rexyboy11
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Terri,

Happy to dig out the original offer email.  Can you let me know when movies were added to my account so I don't have to scroll through months of emails?

regards

0 Kudos
Rexyboy11
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Found it - and the £7 is correct not the £5 I thought.

Account Number: ###########
Area Reference: 21

Congratulations Troy,
your Sky Movies free trial is confirmed

Great news, you're all set for top movie entertainment. Your Sky Movies free trial will automatically be activated at midnight on 1st March and you'll receive free movies until midnight 31st March. Just head over to channels 400-411 to find your Sky Movies channels and get stuck into stacks of the latest and greatest movies – all yours to enjoy at home, on the go and on demand.

Remember, if you don't want to continue enjoying Sky Movies after your free trial ends, you can opt out at any time in March by
clicking here. You'll still get the full 31-day movies trial. If you don't opt out during your free trial you'll continue to enjoy Sky Movies for just £7 a month.

If you've got any questions about your Sky Movies free trial,
visit our FAQs.

We hope you enjoy all the amazing movies coming up.

All the best

The Virgin Media team

As you can see no mention of the Sky Sports is mentioned in your marketing and no mention that if in the future I removed Sports from my package it would change the £7 a month for movies.  "enjoy Sky Movies for just £7 a month" is very clear.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Rexyboy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contacted by Virgin today with a paltry offer to make this go away. The facts are clear so they should suck it up and fix my billing. It is not my fault they put out an offer that does not stack up.
0 Kudos