Menu
Costeta
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4k and jump ship to Sky Q

Hi, unless Virgin Media launch a 4k TIVO soon I will jump ship to Sky Q which is shipping 4K this summer.

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4k and jump ship to Sky Q

I seriously think you will be wasting your money ...

Anyone remember 3d TV ?

In all seriousness, I believe prices need to drop dramatically before every starts buying 4k capable TV's - especially as I believe the only content available is from Netflix at the moment ...
Rs101
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4k blurays have just been launched, BT Sport available in 4k,Youtube in 4k. Sky to launch 4k in the next few months. There are plenty of sources now.

The 4k TVs aren't exactly expensive either - Currys have several for under £400.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would have thought that the best reason to move to SkyQ is not 4K but the ability to seamlessly change where you are watching a program between your TV and another device and the ability to download and watch programs offline.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It might seem a good price for a 4k tv but I bet like a lot of cheaper tvs they don't have the ports to support all the things like surround sound blu ray plus virgin or sky boxes, no optical plugging. That people now want, you get what you pay for.
0 Kudos